• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have lucid dreams as I'm waking up

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
This might be some kind of lightworker thing I have but, ever since ten ive had this weird habit of waking up through a lucid dream, exiting sleep with knowledge and peripheral memory of characters or creatures i just saw and the unrealistic biomes i was in. It's kinda cool, but sometimes it can get a little freaky.

This evening (yeah, I sleep on a vampire schedule... What is my life...) I was having a lucid dream where I was sitting cross-legged on some kind of beach with a bunch of creatures that looked like they were from a cross between Densetsu no Stafi, Kirby and Pokemon game universes. I was myself, with four other characters; a starfish with a gem on it's back, a crab who's always scowling yet seems to be a really nice guy, a Kirby lookalike, and a baby dragon nibbling on what I think was a star fruit. Sitting across from us in the middle was what I could only assume to be a blue squid-like creature, with a typical HAL Laboratory-esque character face. Before i I heard noises of the real world while waking up the squid thing was going on about how "that funny looking two-leg right there has helped us many times and hopefully will help us again". I remember saying "What's so special about me? Am I the chosen one or something? And, that Genesis Core you guys are after might be able to do things like create entire landforms but I doubt it will repel..." I then realized I was dreaming, and went ABSOLUTELY NUTS with my dream powers.

To the kirby lookalike: " You, spin fourteen times and eat the tree behind you, then tell yourself you don't exist."

To the baby dragon: "Say a joke in dragon language and fold yourself backwards until your small enough to fit under a rock."

To the crab: "Fly into a cloud and explode into shrimp."

To the gem starfish: "Recite Hamlet backwards, then eat the gem on your back."

Everyone did as I said, but the squid creature looked really sad. I then heard it say "It is for our own good." As soon as it spoke, everyone that was acting stupid then repeated him in a monotone voice.

I then woke up to see The Amazing World of Gumball on TV, on the episode where Darwin becomes obsessed with safety after watching a school video of a nightmarish Paddington Bear teaching kids to be safe, using those arc words ("it is for our own good") to brainwash people into following his outlandish precautions.

Am I an alien?

In lucid dreaming, how do we know if we're actually realizing we're dreaming and having control or if we're dreaming that we're realizing we're dreaming and having control and all the things you "decide" to do are not actually decisions but just a random aspect of the dream like any other dream? :eek:

In lucid dreaming, how do we know if we're actually realizing we're dreaming and having control or if we're dreaming that we're realizing we're dreaming and having control and all the things you "decide" to do are not actually decisions but just a random aspect of the dream like any other dream? :eek:
that's an interesting concept. Am I really thinking, no I don't want that to happen and change the dream or am I dreaming I'm thinking that. wow - a little mind blowing there.

I remember the last few dreams when I first wake up. And I think dreams mostly represent things you associate with. I analyze everything else, so naturally I analyze a lot of my dreams. :) I know when I dream about a truck that it pertains to my ex who drives a truck and the rest of the dream corresponds to something about him. If I dream of having a big weird pet, like an elephant, that I know there's no way I can feed it - I know I'm dreaming about my daughter. I usually enjoy my dreams unless I'm struggling with something then they're crazy dreams like I get shot or enter a room with dead bodies everywhere (and no I don't watch horror movies) or snakes and very often I dream I'm being chased by a grizzly bear. But why do I keep dreaming that I've been working for months and just now realized I have not received a single paycheck. That one's got me stumped. lol

Also I forgot to mention sometimes if I'm sleeping by hypnosis, I find myself saying things in hazy speech...

This might be some kind of lightworker thing I have but, ever since ten ive had this weird habit of waking up through a lucid dream, exiting sleep with knowledge and peripheral memory of characters or creatures i just saw and the unrealistic biomes i was in. It's kinda cool, but sometimes it can get a little freaky.

This evening (yeah, I sleep on a vampire schedule... What is my life...) I was having a lucid dream where I was sitting cross-legged on some kind of beach with a bunch of creatures that looked like they were from a cross between Densetsu no Stafi, Kirby and Pokemon game universes. I was myself, with four other characters; a starfish with a gem on it's back, a crab who's always scowling yet seems to be a really nice guy, a Kirby lookalike, and a baby dragon nibbling on what I think was a star fruit. Sitting across from us in the middle was what I could only assume to be a blue squid-like creature, with a typical HAL Laboratory-esque character face. Before i I heard noises of the real world while waking up the squid thing was going on about how "that funny looking two-leg right there has helped us many times and hopefully will help us again". I remember saying "What's so special about me? Am I the chosen one or something? And, that Genesis Core you guys are after might be able to do things like create entire landforms but I doubt it will repel..." I then realized I was dreaming, and went ABSOLUTELY NUTS with my dream powers.

To the kirby lookalike: " You, spin fourteen times and eat the tree behind you, then tell yourself you don't exist."

To the baby dragon: "Say a joke in dragon language and fold yourself backwards until your small enough to fit under a rock."

To the crab: "Fly into a cloud and explode into shrimp."

To the gem starfish: "Recite Hamlet backwards, then eat the gem on your back."

Everyone did as I said, but the squid creature looked really sad. I then heard it say "It is for our own good." As soon as it spoke, everyone that was acting stupid then repeated him in a monotone voice.

I then woke up to see The Amazing World of Gumball on TV, on the episode where Darwin becomes obsessed with safety after watching a school video of a nightmarish Paddington Bear teaching kids to be safe, using those arc words ("it is for our own good") to brainwash people into following his outlandish precautions.

Am I an alien?
I've had vivid dreams! In some dreams I can remember I'm saving people, or the world. My dreams are quite long and I feel like watching a movie. Most of them are actually fun to describe. Others are very violent. Also, I have even felt like I was spinning around my room for real or walking down the street, only to find I was dreaming!

But why do I keep dreaming that I've been working for months and just now realized I have not received a single paycheck. That one's got me stumped. lol

Maybe you feel something you're doing is going unrewarded, unnoticed, or something along those lines!

Am I an alien?

Nope. Just a humanoid experiencing a hypnopompic hallucination. They can be quite disorienting at times given that the boundary between what you dream in REM sleep and the reality you wake up to can be blurred. Something I've experienced a number of times. Being the most lucid at that very moment I'm almost awake.

Even when I wake from such an experience I'm left with an incredibly creepy sensation that what I dreamed of was absolutely real. Yeah- "freaky" just about covers it.

"Hypnagogic and Hypnopompic Hallucinations

Visual hallucinations either at sleep onset (hypnagogic) or upon awakening (hypnopompic) are another typical symptom of narcolepsy. The hallucinations are dream-like and may be unpleasant, pleasant or neutral. A repetitive theme may emerge and in these cases they can be very distressing, especially if they have a nightmarish quality. At times, these experiences can be so realistic that the patient may act upon them after awakening, believing them to be real. For example, patients with narcolepsy have been known to call the police convinced that intruders were in their home, only to find out it was just a hallucination or a dream afterward. Auditory hallucinations are also common and can range from simple sounds to an elaborate tune. These may then be difficult to distinguish from auditory hallucinations reported in schizophrenia, a possible comorbidity of narcolepsy, although in this case hallucinations are more likely part of a more complex network of delusions and the patient cannot be easily convinced these are just dreams. Hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations can be thought of as dissociative states between sleep (dreaming) and wake, where the distinct boundary is unclear. Because hypnagogic hallucinations are at times difficult to differentiate from sleep onset mentation, or nightmares, they are not a very useful diagnostic sign, and they can also be found in IH."

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/hypnopompic

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom