• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Have Been Talking to a Girl From School on Discord, and I Told Her That I Have Feelings For Her...

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
I have been talking to a girl from school on discord, and I told her that I have feelings for her, and, as it turns out, she likes me the same way. It all started when we were talking about me tagging along with her and one of her friends so I can go to prom with them just to hang out as normal friends. This is a prom for an online school, so I mostly communicate with other students via some IMS. Then I ended up mentioning how I found it weird that they didn't put it on Valentine's day instead of May 11th.

We also have tons in common. From the first webmail (the school's integrated emailing system), I believe we kicked off a good friendship right away! I knew it could go this far, but I didn't know it would only after a month meeting face-to-face during a school event at an arcade. She's also socially awkward like me, and also like playing videogames, too. And I love games! I think I have finally found somebody who loves me for who I am! It feels so good to be real. I need somebody to pinch me. Wait, no, that won't do. Somebody needs to give me the back hand, and then I'd know for certain that this is reality and I'm not dreaming! Holy crap. Here's some screenshots of the convo starting from where I initially thought she was into me. Her name is Hannah, BTW.

Last edited:
I'm happy for you Joshua. Glad too that you met someone face to face. I hope it turns out well:)

It might be a good idea to remove the private chat though. Cause it's maybe too personal for the rest of people to see. And your friend might be upset that you posted your convo.

I'm happy for you Joshua. Glad too that you met someone face to face. I hope it turns out well:)

It might be a good idea to remove the private chat though. Cause it's maybe too personal for the rest of people to see. And your friend might be upset that you posted your convo.
Yeah, me too! I don't think it's that personal, since I DID say that I have feelings for her publicly.

You have to think about her side of this too Joshua. She might not like her private communication with you shown on an open website. So you need to think about that.

in a smooth 50s style Dad Voice "go get em Sport!"
Lol. I actually told my dad that she's my girlfriend. All he said was, "Oh, okay." My mom told him to say congrats. Then he did say congrats. He's also not good with socializing, either, apparently. Also, you made me think of billions of dad jokes.

Congratulations, Joshua! That is very exciting :)

I couldn’t see the screenshots, but since it wasn’t in your text, I just wanted to caution just in case (since this sounds very new to you) that it usually takes an explicit conversation about being boyfriend/girlfriend before you can call her that. She may like you very much, and still not be ready to have a boyfriend. When you see her, try planning new times to see her next— and then after a few of these, ask her explicitly if she would like to be your girlfriend.

And it sounds like it might be very true that she loves you for who you are! But be careful telling people IRL that she loves you, until she says it in those words herself first. It otherwise may seem too fast for her.

I wish you the best of luck in your new relationship!

Be sure to not forget your own identity. Keep your heart at a comfortable 0 Kelvin, because people have a way of disappointing. If you do not keep control, you might end up a slave to your own emotions at the whims of someone else.

Don't let skepticism destroy the romance, but don't become a love junkie.

Other than that, enjoy the present.

New Threads

Top Bottom