1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Have A Question

Discussion in 'General Autism Discussion' started by Timmy759, May 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Timmy759

Timmy759 New Member

I have been diagnosed asbergers and i think i had a melt down can someone describe it for me ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. xudo

xudo something V.I.P Member

Not really no. No two people with Asperger's will experience meltdowns in the exact same way. For some it's a huge outburst, and for others it's more internalised and shutting down.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Aspie_rin

Aspie_rin Well-Known Member

How's it like for you?

No two aspies are alike so our meltdowns are different. For me, it feels like the stimuli is taking over my brain and only leaving me a corner, but at the same time I can think and control my body. I feel tense and dont do much, often staring at something, sometimes I hide somewhere where there's nobody and/or cry, and overall I just feel the need to GET OUT OF THERE. At least I'm very quiet during a meltdown compared to many other, wich makes it less embarassing, so I guess I'm lucky in that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mia

Mia Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

My meltdowns consist of having a difficult time breathing, flushed face, extreme anxiety, memory loss afterwards, fatigue and inability to speak during the meltdown. My husbands meltdowns are much calmer, he makes faces, stims, sometimes disappears to his favourite place, drives like a crazy person, or goes to sleep.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Kirsty

Kirsty Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Oh no :eek: Touch wood I'm not like that. Hugs (if you like them.) I'm more or less the same as your husband. :openmouth:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Professori

Professori Professori

I really blow my top! I can think clearly about how unreasonable I am being while I am mouthing off at someone/thing, but my anger is so intense that I feel that I am living it.

It's like being two people in one body. But if I do 't let it out then I will literally implode with some severe consequences to my health. This ain't no fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Danny 74

Danny 74 Well-Known Member

Anarchy in the brain. .... All different emotions doing what they want....!

8. ksheehan88

ksheehan88 :)

I scream, pull my hair, bang my head, scratch my face, fall to the floor. Quite dramatic... My Mum used to call it the "Dying Fly".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Reedstorm17

Reedstorm17 Well-Known Member

My meltdowns have changed over time. I used to visibly break and scream and cry, throw a tantrum, or just show that I'm angry. Now I stay quiet and let it happen inside, so most people can't tell I'm having a meltdown unless they try to talk to me.

10. Questella

Questella Well-Known Member

It's just terrible, I really can't even describe it, I think I lose coherent-ness, often I don't remember what all happened after or what triggered it to get to such a bad point. Sometimes things get broken and sometimes I hurt myself sometimes I just shut down and pass out.

11. Professori

Professori Professori

Oof, that is imploding! Can't be good for either your physical or mental health.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Reedstorm17

Reedstorm17 Well-Known Member

I discovered that... but there's not much I can do besides waiting for it to pass.