• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have a ghost that tries to be me?

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
Just now, before I posted this, my sister came into my room with a scared look on her face and said "Tyler, I just heard someone say "I wanna play..."

I said "Who said that? Was it Grandma?"
She shook her head no.
"Was it daddy?"
"Nope"
"Then who was it?"
She pointed at me.
I swear I didn't say anything like that out loud.

I've studied a little of the paranormal before and I've seen some articles say that not all ghosts or spirits are the end results of someone's death; sometimes emotions that are acted upon can become so potent that they solidify into their own spirits.

So, if I'm putting this together right, is my anger problem getting so out of control that it's COMING TO LIFE?!

I'm a paranormal-skeptic. It is a fairly common thing for people to hallucinate things like this, especially in children. Where you are scared to death of something growing up? Chances are you hallucinated something there.

Lots of possibilities when it comes to the origin of such phenomena from a paranormal or physiological perspective.

Manifestations of one's energies (primarily kinetic) being physically projected elsewhere is a phenomena, but as far as I know it's with respect to adolescents. Not twenty-somethings like yourself.

Spirit mimicry is another possibility, but something rare and well...ominous. Something akin to poltergeist activity. Effectively an entity impersonating you in a physical manner in part or in whole. Not good, IMO. Then again, your sister may have had an unsolicited paranormal experience all her own...which may involve misinterpretation of what she thought she heard- or saw.

More earthly explanations may involve some degree of telepathy on your sister's part in being able to read your thoughts. Provided of course your conscious or unconscious mind was thinking of such things rather than verbalizing them. My mother could do this frequently with me. Sometimes amusing, other times unnerving to me.

And then of course as the previous post suggests, it may simply have been a hallucination on your sister's part. Especially if it involved her being in bed and just recently coming out of REM sleep as opposed to being upright and fully awake at the time. That would simply constitute a hypnopompic hallucination, a relatively common occurrence. Where a dream can meld with the experience of waking up.

And of course, is there any chance your sibling is simply messing with you at your expense?

Whoa, are you frickin' saying that not only could my 7 year sister be possibly PSYCHIC, she's a mind-reader too?!

Should I be afraid of her? If she's capable of this who knows what else she can do?

I don't see that the little girl is demonstrating anything scary at all.
She's seven years old.
She isn't past the stage of magical thinking yet.

Does talk to animals? Or hold her toys and have them talk to each other?

Whoa, are you frickin' saying that not only could my 7 year sister be possibly PSYCHIC, she's a mind-reader too?!

Should I be afraid of her? If she's capable of this who knows what else she can do?

Simply experiencing/witnessing the paranormal doesn't necessarily mean one is psychic. But some minor degree of telepathy is always possible along with other possible explanations.

My own mother had such limited abilities that more often than not were amusing, but hardly intimidating or threatening. She once called me on the phone some 8000 miles away to ask if something was wrong. I had just returned from taking my brother on an emergency trip to the hospital. Go figure.

But keep in mind the actual source behind this may not even be paranormal in nature. I'm just pointing out several possibilities.

I find it strange that you jumped to the least likely explanation first.
Perhaps your sister just somehow replayed your voice in her head. I might be worried that she may have mild Schizophrenia, which would explain everything and be likely if you have Aspergers (neurological disorder runs in families.) I know you probably don't want to entertain the idea that your sister is schizophrenic, but that would be my guess. Take her to a psychiatrist.
As far as the supernatural goes, there is almost always a scientific explanation for things like these.

I do think the explanations for things are usually mundane, and we often leap to more interesting explanations, but I do not discount the existence of what could be considered paranormal.

Closed minded thinking is un-scientific ;p

UberScott don't be afraid of your sister. I saw my first ghost when I was 12yrs of age. Children do not question spirits this is why they find it easier to approach people like your sister because children accept things as they are. If your sister can see spirit then she's very gifted indeed. :)

WE also have a part of the brain which is dorment which we don't use any more.

It is ridiculous to be afraid of your sister. There are no "ghosts" and there is an explanation of these things. Either she was dreaming it, or you said it subconsciously. I know there are people who disagree with me on this. I mean no disrespect. But I hope you will not be afraid and get to the bottom of it. Blessings!

I don't see that the little girl is demonstrating anything scary at all.
She's seven years old.
She isn't past the stage of magical thinking yet.

Does talk to animals? Or hold her toys and have them talk to each other?
Now that you mention it I remember a few instances where she'd talk to her MLP figurines and ShopKins like they were people, and sometimes she'll talk to our cat Mittens and the funny thing is she'll actually "listen" to my sister!

I find it strange that you jumped to the least likely explanation first.
Perhaps your sister just somehow replayed your voice in her head. I might be worried that she may have mild Schizophrenia, which would explain everything and be likely if you have Aspergers (neurological disorder runs in families.) I know you probably don't want to entertain the idea that your sister is schizophrenic, but that would be my guess. Take her to a psychiatrist.
As far as the supernatural goes, there is almost always a scientific explanation for things like these.

Well, as far as disorders go, there was a time she was taken from us and the people that had her had given her some shots/injections without our consent, and she began showing signs of what we think may be either Autism or Aspergers or both: she goes from hyper to calm in a matter of minutes, she focuses intensely on things she's doing and then suddenly is drawn to everything else, etc.

Coincidence? I think not....

Any "White Noise" in the house? Like an exhaust fan, radio or television? I hear many things when my bathroom exhaust fan is running, it drives me crazy. I swear people in the house are calling me, but when I ask, they say no!

I've had plenty of times where I think I hear people (most often my mum) calling of me and yet when I ask, they tell me they never shouted of me.
I think in this situation, it's just your sister's mind 'hearing' you shout. It's like your brain having a recording of a loved one's voice calling of you stored away and then your brain randomly deciding to play it.

Judging from some of your other posts, I think there may be some spiritual stuff going on around you and your family, but I think this one is one of the more rationally explained elements.

I've had plenty of times where I think I hear people (most often my mum) calling of me and yet when I ask, they tell me they never shouted of me.
I think in this situation, it's just your sister's mind 'hearing' you shout. It's like your brain having a recording of a loved one's voice calling of you stored away and then your brain randomly deciding to play it.
Yeah, I think it's pretty common. I can't count how many times I could have swore said my name only for them to have not said anything or other people thinking I was calling their name when I hadn't said anything. It's just one of those weird things the mind does every so often.

New Threads

Top Bottom