• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have a boyfriend

catfish

I never though it would be possible for me, who has autism and feel the best when i only have myself (and my grandmother) to care for, to actually find someone i WANT to spend my free time with. Between work, school and doing stuff i like (aka, wandering around the streets caught up in my own thoughts drinking a monster energy), i actually make time for him. And even tho i hate touching other people, we cuddle al the time and it feels okay! I know i don’t need to change the way i am but it feels nice to have one single improvement in my autistic and anorectic life. For once. Thats about it.

Alright, great news, thanks for sharing this. Your grandmother and u must have a great connection. Oh yeah - welcome.

Hello and welcome! Sometimes one single improvement in our lives can create a cascade of other positive things happening, too.

1679603350884.png

Welcome! :)

I'm so happy to hear this! Sounds like you have great things to look forward to! :)

And I'm very happy to hear that your grandmother is your best friend. My grandmother was my best friend too and I cherish every moment I spent with her. Grandparents are sometimes great parents to us as well.

Grandparents are wonderful--cherish the time you spend with grandmother.
And finding love with all the supportiveness and sensible good nature that entails is a great help as well. I only started to make sense of life after I found a girl friend and anyway I am not upset about this one bit.

Welcome to the forum, catfish, and I hope things go well for you here.

Welcome. It is nice feeling accepted, isn't it?
Yes. In college when I was overwhelmed and negative, I didn't understand the concept of a 'safe space.' I just thought it was...all for folks who were on different ends of the sexual/gender spectrum, but I also thought that those who were intolerant of them were stupid people. Why bother hating someone for just existing? And it was sad too that those folks needed a place to literally feel safe and accepted.

...and look at me, Mr. Autism, here in a safe space where I can be myself. Hindsight is a real miracle, isn't it? Gosh if I could go back in time and clobber myself...

Gosh if I could go back in time and clobber myself...
I refuse to play the "what if" game anymore, and understand the impulse to go to that younger me to smack him upside the head to tell him to enjoy the people he is with, to be accepting and to reach out past my insecurities and perhaps penetrate their insecurities to be kind and reflect their value.

I refuse to play the "what if" game anymore, and understand the impulse to go to that younger me to smack him upside the head to tell him to enjoy the people he is with, to be accepting and to reach out past my insecurities and perhaps penetrate their insecurities to be kind and reflect their value.
Hey, I still play the 'what-if' game regardless. Asking myself 'what if' was always a question which I find over and over again in my journals.

Hey, I still play the 'what-if' game regardless. Asking myself 'what if' was always a question which I find over and over again in my journals.
I cannot do that anymore. With my PTSD from social and sexual isolation, many "what ifs" would trigger me to inhabit the mind of that damaged and lonely young man. It was not pleasant. and it was preventing me from being in the present.

I cannot do that anymore. With my PTSD from social and sexual isolation, many "what ifs" would trigger me to inhabit the mind of that damaged and lonely young man. It was not pleasant. and it was preventing me from being in the present.
Ah, I'm sorry that you've dealt with that :(

New Threads

Top Bottom