• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I hate winter poll!

Is winter the worst season?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 20 66.7%

• Total voters

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
These days are way too short. I need sunshine to function. I am depressed due to cold icy weather and lack of sunshine.

Winter sucks.

So I created a poll about it.

Winter's a love-hate relationship for me. I love the prettiness of snow but get frustrated when the temperatures hover around the freezing mark, as they are now, and the compacted snow on the streets turn into ice.

I love snow, and I love Christmas.
But I hate the cold! And I hate driving in the snow and on ice.
I also hate that winter here basically lasts until April. March is still winter here.

My relationship with winter is so complicated at this point in my life... It was my favorite time of year for so long! My birthday, xmas, New Year's Eve, school vacation - I loved all of this growing up! It was my reason for living, honestly.

But now? Eh... there's so much to worry about when the weather gets so cold and dark. I call it 'winter madness,' and every year it feels like a struggle just to survive until the spring.

Here's a little birdie to sing back the spring for you. Just 3 more weeks and the days will start getting longer again.

LemonBelliedFlyCatcher7.jpg

I love winter. Probably because in the deep south with 100+ degree humid summers, I'd rather be cold than hot and sweaty. And our days aren't quite as short as up north.

For the record, right now we're in the middle of a warm spell.. 80 degrees for the rest of the week.

Not this winter after my heart surgery, but I usually look forward to XC-skiing and snowshoeing. They make me feel alive in winter.

We were stuck with -gasp- 80 degrees today but the sun was nice. We are going to 75 degrees soon. Santa won't land here in Florida, his reindeer make too much noise on roofs with no snow. But l did see a two car accident today, even without snow, the roads are dangerous. The same street - 2 weeks ago had a fatality, 66 year-old had a medical emergency and drove into car in front of him.

We were stuck with -gasp- 80 degrees today but the sun was nice. We are going to 75 degrees soon.
Darwin's the opposite time of the year to you, right now the build up is nearing it's end and the rains will start in earnest soon. So will cyclone season.

Here's a little music clip for you, it's actually about Cyclone Tracy that wiped Darwin out on Christmas Eve, 1974. A Tojo is an old Toyota "jeep" because as you quite rightly pointed out, reindeer are bloody useless in the tropics. :)

I grew up with snow, and then spent my prime years in the warmest corner of Canada, but the winter scenery was dark green lumps with dark brown spots on a slate grey sea under dull grey clouds. Now, I get a lot of sun although the daylight is currently under 8 hours. I don't like the painful face when it is windy, and the spring and fall are too close to the summer, and I get a couple of months of major shade from the house next door, but the sun is still worth it. The snow and frost make pretty things, too.

I quite like frost and snow. But not being cold indoors. Or trying to walk on slippery pavements. It's still above freezing here. I remember winters from childhood that were much fiercer. I do get impatient when spring is on it's way but just not quite there yet. But it is how it is. A time to hibernate at home and do indoor tasks and keep warm. Time to plan for next year...

Here's a quirky thought for some of you - in the tropics you get 2 longest days of the year.

Darwin is ~12 degrees from the equator, in early November the sun moves directly over head and from then on is south of you. Then in February the sun is directly overhead again on it's path north.

So 2 longest days of the year but only 1 shortest one.

I spend all of winter looking forward to spring. The human body is designed for hot weather and it's only the invention of clothes that allows us to live in colder climates. Of course there are other factors at play when it comes to temperature sensitivity, but I've always been sensitive to the cold. I cope better with heat than with cold.

Another Floridian who can say winter is the nice season.
No hurricanes, no thunderstorms and you can work outside without
sweating to death.
Yay for the winter in the SE. :palmtree:

Summer is the absolute worst!! And early fall... bleh.

I like the cool, misty rains and crystal sunshine of spring and fall.

Winter is too cold. But with cold weather, you can just put on more clothing .With ucky summer, when it's hot, you can be in a bathing suit and be miserable, even with air conditioning.

Candles and a warm hearth, and baked goods, and cold little noses, and fuzzy mittens, and snow and rain. I love winter. Frigid east wind and ice storms really suck, but most of winter is absolutely grand.

New Threads

Top Bottom