• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I had to quit my job

joe2006

I had to quit my job at the pizza place because they cut our paychecks in half and I did not think it was worth it to work for them if I was only making half the minimum wage. I worked there for two and a half years. I have been looking around town to find other jobs like working in a store or restaurant. Last summer I worked at a small retail store while I worked at the pizza place but I wound up working so many hours I had to quit my job at the store. I had been working there for a little over a month. Now that I have no job I am trying to see if they will hire me back but I have not heard anything from them since I gave them my application. I am thinking they do not want to hire me because I quit on them so soon but you would think they would be more grateful that I helped them out while I worked there. I wonder why so many of our bosses do not appreciate the work their employees do. Surely they realize that without employees and the work they do they would not be in business.

Don’t assume they don’t want you back! Don’t assume the boss even got your application.
Give him or her a visit when you know it will be slow. Shake hands, smile and say you miss working there. Complement something like how the place looks.
Get that job back, you can do it!

l think they like dependability in retail, if they hire you back, they are afraid you may leave again for another job

I had to quit my job at the pizza place because they cut our paychecks in half and I did not think it was worth it to work for them if I was only making half the minimum wage. I worked there for two and a half years. I have been looking around town to find other jobs like working in a store or restaurant. Last summer I worked at a small retail store while I worked at the pizza place but I wound up working so many hours I had to quit my job at the store. I had been working there for a little over a month. Now that I have no job I am trying to see if they will hire me back but I have not heard anything from them since I gave them my application. I am thinking they do not want to hire me because I quit on them so soon but you would think they would be more grateful that I helped them out while I worked there. I wonder why so many of our bosses do not appreciate the work their employees do. Surely they realize that without employees and the work they do they would not be in business.

In business, there is a old saying "Your employees can make you or break you, which way it goes depends on how you treat them". As a employee, you should make your self valuable to your employer. They will treat you better and keep you employed. Avoid businesses with a high employee turnover rate, they consider employees expendable. Do not give up, there is a good job out there for you.

A month is too short to leave a job. You're better off trying for a different pizza place or something else. If you want to try the same place again, wait probably at least a year or two.

I went to several stores today to turn in some applications. Hopefully one of these places needs me and will hire me. I spoke to a Burger King manager and he was talking about giving a few hours in the mornings to work. Then I went to Shopko, the store I worked at for a month, to find that there was a new manager there and he said he tried to call me in for an interview but was not able to get through so we went ahead and did the interview. He said he was hiring several people and would call me next week to let me know how he can fit me into the schedule. I will stay a lot longer than a month this time.

New Threads

Top Bottom