• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I go on virtual worlds, do you? Also questions?

Caelix3

I go on virtual worlds like IMVU or Second Life. Although I have yet to make any friends on either of those games. I'm afraid to approach people in real life and the same goes for approaching people virtually. Especially if it seems like they are in some kind of clique. How can I get over that? On top of having autism, I have social anxiety as well and depression.

Do you go on virtual worlds? Do you recommend any? Or Do you recommend something else entirely?

Do MMOs count? I played World of Warcraft for several years. I'm like you, I can't walk up to people in game and start chatting to them. Instead I found it a lot easier to talk to people via chat boxes like global chat channels and use direct messages from them. I joined a few guilds like that and made quite a lot of friends, one I still chat to after I more or less stopped playing.

New Threads

Top Bottom