• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I finally received an official diagnosis.

Catalyst

Mentally Unsound
V.I.P Member
Today, as of the age of 36 years and 14 days, I have been given my official diagnosis of Autism Level 1.

The psychologist did a basic interview, had me do an empathy questionnaire, the AQ, and the A-DOS 2, and said everything was in the autism range. And along with those assessments, she had me do a general mental health thing that was 355 questions long, and noted symptoms of mania and depression (which of course just went along with my bipolar diagnosis), but then worry and rumination, and troubles with concentrating and distractibility. And all of those results were sent to my psych and therapist so it gives an outline on things to work on.

I didn’t know how I would feel about getting an official diagnosis, but I found I’m kind of happy about it. It explains so much and makes me feel a little less crazy for thinking that I might be.

I don't think I'm going to tell my parents, or at least not right away. I've told my boyfriend and two of my best friends. I'm thinking of telling my ex-husband and my kids, since I already told them I was being assessed.

Either way, this is just such a relief.

I didn’t know how I would feel about getting an official diagnosis, but I found I’m kind of happy about it. It explains so much and makes me feel a little less crazy for thinking that I might be.

This is good! We are happy for you as well. To be able to finally realize who- and what you are...and to accept it. And now to use self-awareness to your advantage, the best you can. :)

Good to hear you're feeling positive about it :) It's kind of no big deal and the biggest deal ever all rolled into one!

I’m glad it’s helping you. If you’re feeling positive it can only be a good thing for you. Well done. It can’t have been easy. Xx seeing as you have kids, as a side thing, would you mind looking at my thread on parenting advice? I’ve had very few replies, and if you wouldn’t mind you might be able to put forward your thoughts? As you must know, being a mum is the most important thing we have ever done or ever will be and I am disappointed that I haven’t been able to get some more help from my questions on here. I mean no offence, I love this forum and I know many of you don’t have kids but I noticed that you do, so maybe you might be able to share your thoughts if you don’t mind? Sorry for hijacking xx and well done again xx

If you are feeling positive and that it can help you, that’s a good thing already.

Happy for you!

Was the long one the AGF test? That's one I took several years ago that said I had extreme difficulty with occupational and social functioning. I didn't understand that until 3 years later when I got my diagnosis of autism. Just one more thing that was just skipped over. But, the diagnosis is a great relief and explains our life and world. I'm happy for you and glad you shared with us.

Was the long one the AGF test? That's one I took several years ago that said I had extreme difficulty with occupational and social functioning. I didn't understand that until 3 years later when I got my diagnosis of autism. Just one more thing that was just skipped over. But, the diagnosis is a great relief and explains our life and world. I'm happy for you and glad you shared with us.

I'm not certain what the long one was. It seemed to be asking about a lot of various things concerning how I was doing, including about my health.

New Threads

Top Bottom