• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I don't want to eat

inkfingers

21 year old artist
I am tired of eating. I hate being hungry, but I also hate having to stop and eat a few times (or more) a day. I want to go on a fast so that I don't have to bother listening to my hunger cues, and so that I don't have to eat so much all the time. I think I could probably fast for a couple weeks without any adverse side effects because I have a bit of fat on me, but my mom said that I'll die if I don't eat. I don't understand this, because I mentioned fasting and praying, and she said I should do it if I felt led to (My family and I are Christians, by the way).

So... that seemed a bit contradictory. I think she probably just doesn't want me to be anorexic again, but this isn't about weight, its about eating. I am sick and tired of eating and want to be done with it. I could try eating at a couple designated times a day so that I don't have to think about it, but I've tried that before and it just makes me more stressed out because I have to plan my meals. So I'm really fed up with this whole situation.

Does anyone else feel this way? Like the act of eating sounds disgusting and gross and you just don't want to do it anymore?

Wow did you pick a night to ask that. I cant currently eat do to sinus drainage. It may sound hippo critical. But you do need to eat to live. Thats why God gave us meat in the form ofanimals and plants. Its to keep us healthy and strong. This is coming from a fellow christan. Who also has aspergers or high functing autism. Officially dignosed. My advice would be to exercise rather then fasting. Do enough of it you will find yourself eating less anyway. While becomeing stronger and healthier.

Can you ask your mom to get things you enjoy eating but are simple and don't require must prep work. Back in the day.....people ate bread, cheese , salami. Simple foods. Can you go simple, nuts, cheese,crackers, fruit, maybe protein bars? Think of things you like and try to simplify it. Cereal with some protein powder in orange juice and maybe a multivitamin. Did something happen recently that has changed your interest in food that you wish to share here?

I think she probably just doesn't want me to be anorexic again, but this isn't about weight, its about eating.
I'm sorry but after that I'm concerned. Sounds to me like it actually might be related.

think I could probably fast for a couple weeks without any adverse side effects because I have a bit of fat on me
Sounds like anorexic thinking.

I have a bit of fat on me, but my mom said that I'll die if I don't eat. I don't understand this, because I mentioned fasting and praying, and she said I should do it if I felt led to (My family and I are Christians, by the way).
I'm spiritual myself (not Christian) but I'm also cautious about 'messages that appear to be from God/Jesus/Other spiritual source' because...I also believe in science. And, as much as we can at this stage, I understand how mental illness works.

We found neighborhood kids throwing rocks at our 130 lbs dog and now he has an aggression problem with strangers.
That's really sad. I'm sorry that happened.

Simple foods. Can you go simple, nuts, cheese,crackers, fruit, maybe protein bars? Think of things you like and try to simplify it.
Great idea from @Aspychata though I'm sorry, I really feel worried you're making excuses in order not to eat.

I feel the same way about eating! I think of it as "ugh I have to do this again?" I eat the same things at the same time every day so that helps that it's just part of my routine but it can still be tiresome, like going to work day after day. I'd like a vacation from eating, too! :eek:

I have many lifelong digestive issues and don't enjoy eating either. I don't get turned on by other people eating, food commercials, etc. Eating is a job so I eat to live. I typically just find the cheapest and easiest thing possible, as it's not something I care to invest much time or money into. But I do it because I want to be around to enjoy other things in life. I guess one thing in my favor, there are many things I really can't stand, most of them are fattening or bad for you so I'm better off without them anyway. I eat plain basic stuff that doesn't smell much. I really don't care to take the time to sit down and eat a meal. So I just tend to nibble on things throughout the day which works. Also there is one time I tend to want to eat, which is when I'm working at my job. Out of stress and boredom I imagine. Maybe some activity would make you want to eat to just sidetrack yourself.

Many times in the past I'd go for a week or more without eating, usually because I was sick. Last winter I did the same when I was sick for 8 days straight. Never really felt hungry. I lost 7 lbs but never even felt dizzy or loss of energy. I think people can go a long time without food if really needed. But on a permanent basis, it's not sustainable.

I don't mind eating if I am hungry.
For some reason I hardly ever feel hungry. I eat enough to live.
It is a required thing to live. Eating.
I can't seem to shed a few pounds I would like to either, even though I eat very little.

i am just being helpfull do you like to eat baby food some time i buy baby food to eat i like the taste of it and yummy to me

New Threads

Top Bottom