• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I don't trust people or life again.

Tony Ramirez

Single. True friend's.
V.I.P Member
I am not going to post my sorry experience this week but to summarize:

Basically it sums up that I once again don't trust people. To hear that word in an house of worship I hope human extinction happens soon so the planet can rightfully go back to the animals.

Last edited:
I am not going to post my sorry experience this week but link to this forum.

Basically it sums up that I once again don't trust people. To hear that word in an house of worship I hope human extinction happens soon so the planet can rightfully go back to the animals.

...To hear that word? Surely this mood is not all because someone spoke some specific word. Regardless of where it was spoken. Or am I reading this wrong? If I AM reading this right though, "going back to the animals" wouldnt stop that. Nature screams often of death, destruction, and pain beyond compare... just not in what we consider to be vocal language. Which is probably for the best, considering the horrors it manages on a routine basis.

That being said, it is never a good idea to automatically trust people to begin with. Trust is something meant to be slowly earned. Alot of us learn that lesson the hard way.

However, if you want to deal with people who dont suck, this forum is certainly a good place to start. There are many you could talk to here who would give an idea of what a good person is really like.

I agree, if this is all caused by someone saying a word, then you really need to, for the sake of yourself, work on that whole idea in therapy or with friends or at church, just talking to everyone about your response to certain words or phrases, because people are going to be saying lots of words your whole life and you can't let it destroy your entire life every time it happens.

Wait for something actually bad to happen to feel bad. It's a waste of bad feelings to care about something like this.

Assuming we understand correctly.

I hope you feel better soon. :)

I understand and get you. There are so many people in the real world, -seemingly normal-who lack respect in places where more respect is cared for and it irks me. I have myself to try and remember they do not feel as spiked by their behaviour as I do. As i learn more about my condition I start to realise my sensitivity to the outside world especially loud noise, boisterous behaviour or bad language is enhanced. I see and feel differently. If you feel the same way maybe this is just a signpost for you. Blessings

I feel pretty much the same way and cannot associate with many people.

Because I believe in a better future for mankind; that spurs me on to endure as best I can.

In my faith, I can listen in to meetings and that is what I do, so I get the spiritual food; but not the nightmare of others.

To be honest, I am perplexed that you are a christian and yet, believe this world is for animals and not humans?

To be honest, I am perplexed that you are a christian and yet, believe this world is for animals and not humans?
I agree but it is because I am doubting my faith again if there is a God and how the planet can recover without humans ruining it climate change etc.

The last time I attended Church groups I rarely heard that kind of language "only in one group meeting that I had a meltdown", except as I pointed out many times outside the Church meaning on the streets, bus, subway etc not in Church groups.

@Tony Ramirez

I don't understand why you would be surprised to find that the majority of people attending Alpha would be outside of the church, looking to see if Christianity had anything to offer them. Clearly, with your problems you are not suited to this work.

The answer is simple.

A bigger problem seems to be your lack of Holy Spirit discernment and lack of love for others which comes when one has really come to repentence and asks Christ for forgiveness. Unfortunately, many who call themselves Christians have not been taught adequately and often they are told they are Christians if they make a decision. This is not scriptural and leads many astray who think they are actually Christians when they are not, and just are basically theists. Maybe even not that.

Have you had a living encounter with the living Jesus Christ who has brought you to you knees and who thereafter, is the object of ones utter devotion?

I have issues trusting others as well, as for not want to live but am fighting those thoughts, i attempted suicide nearly succeeded killing myself but was taken to the hospital against my will, was hoping to kull myself.

Going to church or claiming to believe in a God doesn't make one a good person. Churches are full of people, and people can be nasty and ignorant, wherever they are. Organised religion is as full of crooks and abusers as any other human organisation.

You don't need a church to be religious. I thought God was meant to be omnipresent, so he/she will be with you wherever you are. Ditch the church and you & God, Jesus or whatever you believe in can get on with setting a good example and sharing the love in your own way without the haters holding you back.

Just remind yourself of John 17 when Jesus was praying for His disciples. He didn't ask that they be taken out of the world, but to protect them from the evil one.

I agree but it is because I am doubting my faith again if there is a God and how the planet can recover without humans ruining it climate change etc.

The last time I attended Church groups I rarely heard that kind of language "only in one group meeting that I had a meltdown", except as I pointed out many times outside the Church meaning on the streets, bus, subway etc not in Church groups.
Sorry, I missed this one. When I think of climate change and all that, I kind of think it's inevitable. You know this world is going to be destroyed in God's time and there's nothing man can do to stop it, slow it down or progress it. The Jews killed Jesus and it was part of God's plan. Perhaps this is, too?

I like to think about Heaven and that it's going to be even more amazing than this earth and I like to think my job might be caring for the animals of the forest - grizzly bears and such. :)

Last edited:
Sometimes I envy people of religious faith for that belief that there's a divine plan and a better place 'n' all that, but I just can't do it, however hard I tried.
Those nasty people who upset Tony think they're going to end up in Heaven too. They go to church after all, yet good people who live blameless lives will burn in Hell for not doing so.
It's a sad state of affairs we live with on this Earth, but I do have faith in the power of people to overthrow tyrants and enact change. That's what gives ME hope and why I'll never give up trying. My journey ends on this planet so it's my duty to do what I can for the generations of the future.
Whether you believe in a deity or not, being good and kind is what it's all about, and the only person who can make the choice to be that person is you.

Heaven and that it's going to be even more amazing than this earth and I like to think my job might be caring for the animals of the forest - grizzly bears and such.

I've heard that they can talk in heaven.

Those nasty people who upset Tony think they're going to end up in Heaven too. They go to church after all, yet good people who live blameless lives will burn in Hell for not doing so.

I mix this all up in my head with

The Sins of Job

and Free Will.

Free will meaning that ,once given the gift of knowledge of good and evil from the apple, we created this world and the injustices within it.

The Sins of Job, I liken more to human arrogance. Job thinking he knows the mind of god - and god and the devil testing his faith to teach him a lesson.
Humility,maybe.

being good and kind is what it's all about, and the only person who can make the choice to be that person is you.

I agree. When I make a mistake, I pretend I was just taking the day off :)

Links also to free will and personal responsibility.

But people operate in different levels in life and there are rules and understandings which goes with each level.

Sometimes I envy people of religious faith for that belief that there's a divine plan and a better place 'n' all that, but I just can't do it, however hard I tried.
It's a sad state of affairs we live with on this Earth, but I do have faith in the power of people to overthrow tyrants and enact change. That's what gives ME hope and why I'll never give up trying. My journey ends on this planet so it's my duty to do what I can for the generations of the future.
Whether you believe in a deity or not, being good and kind is what it's all about, and the only person who can make the choice to be that person is you.
I agree about the nasty people that think they're going to Heaven. If someone is familiar with the whole New Testament, they would realize the only way to serve is through love - love does no wrong, love does no harm. Sometimes it's the hardest thing to do. I hope I'm not seen as one of those nasty people - I'm always so afraid someone is going to take me wrong because I'm not the best at relaying what I'm truly meaning.

I have found that some of the most judgmental people are those who loudly proclaim themselves to be pure and holy and that everybody else is a sinner doomed to Hell unless they follow the bloviator's extremely narrow view of Christ. In Matthew 5 Jesus labels as "hypocrites" "those who pray on street corners". And also keep in mind that there will be many false prophets before the Second Coming, those who loudly claim to be holy men but who are anything but. And IMO that doesn't just go for the guy up in front giving the sermon, but his deluded followers as well.

Linus Torvalds, the creator of the Linux operating system who later immigrated to America to work in Silicon Valley, once said that he found it extremely odd the way so many Americans are so eager to shove religion in people's faces. In Finland there's an official state church, but one's beliefs are one's personal business and are kept to oneself and one's family. In America you can walk down the main downtown corridor in any good sized city and get religious pamphlets shoved in your face and people going out of their way to "share the Gospel" with you.

Jesus told his followers to pray alone in dark rooms. The fact that so much of American Christianity is the direct opposite makes me question how true to Christ the whole mess really is.

If I'm reading between the lines correctly, it seems as if you heard people cussing in a church. I agree that that is extremely disrespectful.

In America you can walk down the main downtown corridor in any good sized city and get religious pamphlets shoved in your face and people going out of their way to "share the Gospel" with you.

On one side, it could be proselytising to hid an insecurity in belief.

Another, numbers secure income for the church.

Lots of tax benefits involved.

In the UK there are more people who have never held religious beliefs than all the followers of all the other religions added together. It's similarly a more personal thing here as described about Finland above. Christians I know IRL rarely go to a church ( in fact there's been a glutton of churches and chapels on the property market that closed because of a lack of congregation to sustain them), though most Moslems and Jews do attend mosques/synagogues quite regularly (those I have known personally). Some of them in former Christian church buildings in fact. Maybe the Sikhs are right? It doesn't matter what you call him/her - it's all the same God!
We also don't have the same level of Atheist vs Christian vitriol that happens so often in the US. Atheism is the default position and is no big deal. Nothing worth arguing about
I've the greatest of respect for people of all Faiths, I just don't and it would seem can't,share their beliefs. Every prophet, Messiah, disciple and holy man just reads to me like a radical social reformer who, like happens now, gets crushed by the powers that be who see "people power" as the greatest threat to their dominion over the populace.
It allows me to see the wisdom of Jesus, Mohammed, Krishna, Moses, Buddha etc without being obliged to follow a prescribed path. I think there must be something nice about the certainty people feel with pre-ordained faith though, or so many people wouldn't voluntarily "convert" :)

Last edited:
Recently a dying Methodist congregation in a ghetto area here sold their church-to an Islamic congregation. The Muslims tried to plaster over the big METHODIST sign engraved in the side of the building, and when that didn't work as planned they put a huge sign on top of it with the name of their mosque. They ripped out all the pews, of course, and hauled away the wood to the dump.

But I think the prize for weirdest reappropriation to a mosque is a mosque on Sacramento's South Side that was built around 1970 as a discount retailer called Best Products that was similar in concept to Target or Walmart. Best went out of business in the early 80s and the building went through several different owners until it finally became a mosque. From temple to consumerism to a gathering place for followers of a religion that openly disdains materialism (and is far more serious about it than Christianity). I think that takes the cake.

I wonder if some of those centuries-old churches in England that are sold to Muslims retain at least some of their ornate interiors. Muslims don't like that sort of thing, and most mosques in the West tend to be very plain and utilitarian inside.

New Threads

Top Bottom