• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I don't know where/how to meet guys

nope

So far the crushes I had were either a classmate or a coworker, but I'm trying to avoid workplace romance and anyway lately I've been wanting casual things with more people--and if they all come from work it won't be good for me because people talk.

I don't want to do online dating because I don't take good pictures and the people who have liked me--I can count them on one hand, if that--were definitely not drawn to me BECAUSE of my looks. I also prefer people I've seen in normal situations (as in, not looking for a date or trying to impress someone).

Sigh. Do I just look where I work?

Hmmm, never dated classmates or co-workers, and the only times I've met someone I eventually got involved with were at some sort of party or get together, and they were rather forward and persistent, since I have no ability to pursue anyone

Since I have never been much to socialize, it is a miracle I've ever gotten together with anyone.

Then there were the ex-girlfriends of a couple of friends, and the best friend of my then girlfriend, with my girlfriends consent and encouragement.

Sorry, not very good advice, but I think most of my experience has been by other people taking initiative when I happened to show up somewhere.

I have never dated someone I had a crush on. If I've developed a crush, then my natural instinct is to steer clear and keep my distance.

As far as looking where you work, that depends on the type of work. Most situations, I would think, would not be the best, especially in any kind of professional workplace. Maybe take a class somewhere. I used to take a course at the University or from my city's community education from time to time for stimulation. Though I never met anyone at these placee, there certainly where people I developed crushes on.

Last edited:
For me the best place to meet people has always been at bars. Alcohol helps me get over my social anxiety and I find that when I'm in a small, friendly bar where I know people, I feel safe going there on my own and either joining conversations or striking up a conversation.
Of course, for this to work, you'll need a bar where you feel confident enough to engage in conversations with strangers. I've had the luck to find a few such places, but depending on where you live and how you feel about nightlife in general this might not be the best idea ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom