• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I dislike this time of the year.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Not only is it way too hot outside, I have to hear dumb kids in my neighborhood setting off fireworks until god only knows when now.

I need to buy some earplugs tomorrow.

This is a whine post. Somebody please bring me some cheese.

I miss winter already. I hope summer isn't to hot. We have had serious storms but it seemed like it rained a lot last year. It even rained during Dec into this year. When l was a kid, my mom just parked me by the ac and fed me a salt pill. Don't think they give salt pills anymore.

I miss winter already. I hope summer isn't to hot. We have had serious storms but it seemed like it rained a lot last year. It even rained during Dec into this year. When l was a kid, my mom just parked me by the ac and fed me a salt pill. Don't think they give salt pills anymore.

Maybe I could pray the college kids setting off firecrackers right now will try to crush and snort a sodium pill in the near future.

Cheese is so delicious. I have been craving it maybe because it's a nice strong flavour and overrides my current taste dulling medication.

Had some really nice crumbly cheddar, and got some aged Gruyere yesterday it's lovely. Also got cheese flavoured biscuits and cheese straws. Hey do a cheese poll maybe? Cheese is amazing.

Kid noise?
I've got it every weekend when our nearest neighbor has all the grandkids out back.
Shrieks galore. In and out of his pool while he stands on the property line making sure they don't
run across it.

Fireworks?
Golf course against back yard. End up finding bottle rockets all over the roof next day.
Bring the Brie and I'll watch NYC harbor on TV. :D

The beauty of living in a older people neighborhood. We are so old we just complain about it.

Cheese is so delicious. I have been craving it maybe because it's a nice strong flavour and overrides my current taste dulling medication.

Had some really nice crumbly cheddar, and got some aged Gruyere yesterday it's lovely. Also got cheese flavoured biscuits and cheese straws. Hey do a cheese poll maybe? Cheese is amazing.

Cheese poll is a great idea. Except l want to lodge a complaint with the local supermarkets. Where is Blu cheese? I love stinky sharp crumbly Blu cheese but our stores stopped carrying it. I think all the Blu cheese cows died. We need to get homeland security right on this one. My life hangs in the balance.

Cheese poll cheese poll cheese poll

I hate fireworks. It should be obvious why.
So I’ll leave this friendly reminder here, hope everyone has already considered it.

63C0DCC0-A626-442C-ACAC-E7CC13FE63B6.png

365FC352-2A84-4DDE-B195-72BF107F514E.jpeg
705845EC-E87B-4495-A2FB-E2FB628BF756.png

Cheese poll is a great idea. Except l want to lodge a complaint with the local supermarkets. Where is Blu cheese? I love stinky sharp crumbly Blu cheese but our stores stopped carrying it. I think all the Blu cheese cows died. We need to get homeland security right on this one. My life hangs in the balance.

Cheese poll cheese poll cheese poll

If there is a Whole Foods store near you, they have many delicious cheeses. I bought some Stilton cheese (genuine blue cheese imported from England) a couple of weeks ago so I could make blue cheese salad dressing. It is EXPENSIVE but so delicious. I crave it. Hubby won't touch it, LOL, so I get to eat all of it.
I still have some left so I'm going to make stuffed baked mushrooms.

The percentage of PTSD veterans from Iraq/Afghanistan in that gif is way too low IMO. I'm thinking north of 30%.

I was really hoping I could spend July 4 in Jefferson, where ALL personal fireworks are illegal and the penalties are severe, and there are no local "professional" firework events due to fire danger. But I'm here in Sacramento, so I get to listen to the Ukrainian immigrants setting off cherry bombs and M80's all night. I dunno why they can't be proud adopted Americans in a quieter fashion.

If there is a Whole Foods store near you, they have many delicious cheeses. I bought some Stilton cheese (genuine blue cheese imported from England) a couple of weeks ago so I could make blue cheese salad dressing. It is EXPENSIVE but so delicious. I crave it. Hubby won't touch it, LOL, so I get to eat all of it.
I still have some left so I'm going to make stuffed baked mushrooms.

Thanks for the tip. I will check the one near me. They carry a lot of great cheese. I picked up a bacon cheddar for a handsome hottie.

I consider Summer my "hibernation" period. Some hibernate to escape the cold, I do to escape the heat. My least favorite season, but only because my deep south location and crazy humidity which makes doing anything outdoors terrible unless it's a water activity.

Last edited:
We have a cannabis van parked in the same lot as a fireworks vender where I live. I saw that and proceeded to laugh at the unintended irony.

I'm not a fan of heat or bugs or fireworks or the thug of a doe who menaces our neighborhood. And I am allergic to everything that blooms from May to September, but I still love things about parts of a summer day. The fireflies at twilight, the sound of a wind chime or the cardinal. I love the feel of fresh mowed grass after a heavy dew or the residual warmth of heat from the sidewalk after dark.

I have a floofy dog, so we are limited in when we can get outside for agility or a walk. Usually really early or late in the day. We got death glared by the evil doe coming home from a walk last night. If the weather is too hot we play chase upstairs or fetch on the stairway. Either way, Rue and I make a huge amount of noise.

Cheese Poll: Cheddar (Mild to Sharp).

Last edited:
I went to the office with three hours of sleep. I pumped my brain full of coffee and said to hell with it, time to go to my job. I will take a long nap when I get home from work.

Summer used to be my favorite time of year because I hated grade school and high school. Now I don’t like summer because I no longer have air conditioning and I can’t sleep when it becomes hot.

As for fireworks, I loved them as a child and I tried to make them (very bad idea!) when I gained some knowledge of chemistry. Now that I am an adult, I fear my house burning down by kids aiming rockets in every direction. Plus, as the 4th draws closer, I am starting to hear some very loud booms - that can’t come from anything legal.

Think of the positives!

1. Hanging clothes to dry outside
  2. Swimming
  3. Wearing less layers
  4. Ice cream
  5. Barbecues
  6. Camping
  7. Picnics
  8. Less viruses around
  9. Baby birds
  10. Rafting
  11. Travel
  12. Fresh fruits and veggies
  13. Healthier eating
  14. Lemonaide and Sun tea
  15. Flip flops
  16. Open windows
  17. Cold showers
  18. People watching
  19. Wildflowers
  20. Outdoor concerts
  21. Little babies in sunhats at the park
  22. Bicycling
  23. Going for walks after sunset, in the cooler air
  24. The sun comes up earlier, so it's easier to get up on time
  25. Vitamin D
  26. Vitamin C from all that lovely orange juice and lemonade
  27. Joints not as achy
  28. Getting jobs finished that couldn't be done in colder, wetter weather
  29. Can you list any more?

I still have to put on handwarmers to eat ice cream. :tearsofjoy: I have zero heat retention even in the summer months.

Not only is it way too hot outside, I have to hear dumb kids in my neighborhood setting off fireworks until god only knows when now.

I need to buy some earplugs tomorrow.

This is a whine post. Somebody please bring me some cheese.

I say you be the rad guy in the neighborhood, and go to a fireworks stand, and show up on the 4th of July, where the kids are shooting off fireworks, and bring mortars.

They'll respect you so much, and look forward to it every year.

Forgot to add that I do actually love summer. I don’t like extreme heat but I would rather be hot than cold.

Plus all the amazing things I can do in the summer!

New Threads

Top Bottom