• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I did it! I opened all these locks.

grommet

Wow, I finally did it. I have been working on picking open these locks. I had all of them but the last two very big ones on the right. They are huge, about 1.5 lbs each. I just could not get them. Not even close. I finally just pulled an 'aspie', I wouldn't stop. The very last one I could get open a few minutes ago is the puck shaped one. It is the heaviest and I needed all sorts of techniques, strategies and tools but I got it!

I am so happy. This took me months. I don't know when I will ever get those big ones open again but there was a time when I could not open any of them so maybe if I keep working hard I can. :)

Aspie spirit :)

View media item 6165View media item 6167

Very cool gommet, you would make a great cat burglar now.:cool:Congratulations.

Mia, I think you are joking and giving me a compliment, thank you. I am aspie so I have to mention that the rules of locksport (lock picking for fun) are that we can only open a lock we own or have permission to open. I think that is very nice.

Also, I am allergic to cats ;-)

I have an obsession of locks and alarms....but it's nothing positive. Part of my OCD.

I was once the victim of a crime. My car was stolen.

I am aspie so I have to mention that the rules of locksport (lock picking for fun) are that we can only open a lock we own or have permission to open. I think that is very nice.

That's really good, I like those rules.

That is a rather intersting hobby. It would be handy to know somebody like you if I ever locked myself out of my house.

BUT! Can you pick this?

That is a rather intersting hobby. It would be handy to know somebody like you if I ever locked myself out of my house.

BUT! Can you pick this?

I am a new picker and can only open some locks. I could not open the lock you are showing, I do know that model. It seems very clever and perhaps it is but it has been picked by several people. A very beautiful lock is the Forever Lock. Such an elegant and functional design.

It claims to be unpickable and I can see why the designer would have believed that at it's invention. In picking a lock you need to be able to manipulate the locking mechanism - that is lock picking. In the Forever Lock, the locking mechanism is never visible or reachable, so this lock would seem un-pickable.

The fellow who did pick it, did it in less than fifteen minutes.

There always seems to be a weakness in whatever locking system is created. If it can be opened, then can it be opened in another way?

There are some great lockpickers out there. They transcend, they are artists. There are however several locks that have never been picked and no one is claiming they have. This actually makes lockpickers very happy. We are not glad that a lock is pickable. We have a lot of fun finding out how it can be picked but I think for most pickers, the greatest joy is finding a really good lock. There are several.

For around $100 USD the ABUS Granit is really something and it has a largest cousin that weighs more than 3lbs. So far as I know, no one has ever picked one. Isn't that great? Something that really will protect you.

For aspie obsession and fun you can look at the Sargent and Greenleaf US Model 951. It costs more than $2,000 and isn't meant for personal use though if you have the funds ..

Besides having a Medico core, which is nearly un-pickable it's housing (which is what you really pay for) is through hardened, case hardened and impregnated with ceramic so that even a grinder can't get through it. A heavy rifle shot won't leave a mark on it. Shooting at it all day won't leave a mark. So find the key or find a welder ;-)

New lock opened

I just got this new lock today and I picked it open while still on the retail sales card. I think it took me about two minutes. I got a little confused because the keyway (where the key goes) is upside down on this lock. I took pictures :)

It is a Master Lock M50D disc lock. They rate it 8 out of 10 on their security scale which for their company seems to be an indication of the level of difficulty there would be to break the lock open. This would be tough to break, it has a large thick heavy shackle and pretty good steel body.

I am also showing my lock pick tools below in a photo.

View media item 6170View media item 6171View media item 6169View media item 6168
Edit: Just checked my mail and there was this new lock. I opened it in a few seconds and took a picture of it still on the card. It's the easiest lock to open and I got it to replace the same model but which is broken. I want this easy lock for practicing a technique called SPP (Single Pin Picking), something I need to learn.
View media item 6172

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom