• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I can't get Sharon Stone out of my head

SimonSays

Van Dweller
V.I.P Member
I’ve been listening to her audiobook, just because she had a stroke and a near death experience, and as she was doing the reading, I thought it would at least be read well.

I woke up in the night and couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to listen to a bit more of it. I put my earphones in and lay down to listen.

At some point I must have fallen asleep, but not in a way where I stopped being able to hear her story. In fact, I tried to stop listening at some point. I’d had enough of hearing her voice in my head. But when I turned off the recording, thinking I was still awake, she kept talking. I couldn't understand what was going on. When I pulled the ear phones out of my ears she kept talking! Now I really had no idea what was going on.

I’d had an experience like this many years earlier. I would listen to a podcast at night on my radio, and sometimes I would fall asleep. I would wake up in the exact same surroundings and reach over and turn it off, and it wouldn't turn off, so I'd turn the power off and it would still be playing, and then I realised I had to be dreaming. The moment I realised I was dreaming everything changed. I became lucid and had an experience of lucidity that was very interesting. But not this time.

I must have been deep in the dream because there was no recognition of dreaming at all. Nothing dawned on me that this had to be a dream. It was just what was happening. Then I discovered something else. While I continued to hear Sharon Stone's voice in my head, I could not hear any other sound. I was completely deaf to anybody's voice or any sound in the world. Silence, except for Sharon Stone in my head telling me her story. In fact I got so confused at one point, while trying to communicate what was going on for me to somebody there, I felt I had to write it down, completely forgetting that they could hear me speak no problem, I just couldn't hear them answer. I had to stop Sharon stone from talking in my head. It was driving me crazy. While she is an actress, and speaks her words far better than other people who have made audiobooks, she also has quite a monotonous, almost monosyllabic droning voice at times, and without being able to stop it, it was like torture!

I was awake enough to still be following the story, everything made sense, even though I didn't want to listen to it now. The scene of the dream changed a few times and yet it was all about how to cope with having Sharon Stone's voice in my head, seemingly forever. It was only when I suddenly realised I had no choice but to accept it. That I could accept it. I woke up and realised why I had Sharon Stone's voice in my head, and turned it off, and the peace from the silence was absolutely incredible.

I looked at how long I'd been listening for…one hour 40 minutes had gone by since I’d put it on; an eternity in dreamtime, and yet I was aware of her words being spoken at their usual pace…one second per second, normal speaking cadence, and yet it felt like it had been an eternity of torture; I would never find peace. There would never be silence again.

In my daily life this would not have been such a terrible discovery. I spend so much time with earplugs in that to have total silence would not necessarily be torture, but to discover that it would come with a monotonous droning voice telling me a story I no longer wanted to listen to, would be.

I’ve never had a dream like that before where I wasn't able to discover I was dreaming, or wake up sooner as one does from a nightmare. But it revealed something about my current situation, and how things have been for me. In the dream I had to accept it. Completely. I had to accept it first, and only then did it change. A powerful metaphor for life. When things aren't going as I might want them to go, accept them as they are first and then they will change.

I discovered this worked with dreams I've had almost every night since I lost my Mom.
Where ever I am or what ever I am doing in the dreams, she is always there with me and things
feel normal like my life was before she died.

Well, that is fine while asleep in a dream. Sometimes Dad is there too.
But, when I suddenly wake up and it hits me that it was just a dream, I'm now alone in the
world and I'll never feel again like I did with them around, it always gave me a gasp to realise
when I woke up that now I'm trapped in the house of "Frank" N. Stein.
(The guy I pay rent to for two rooms in his house is named Frank.)
Just the loneliest feeling in the world.
I kept wishing those dreams would stop.

Then one day I thought the same thing. Accept them. Stop fighting and trying everything to
stop the dreams of us all together again.

The dreams still happen, but, I stopped waking up with the gasp of it was just a dream.

I went through something similar when my Dad died.
He started appearing in my dreams and it made me feel depressed to know it was just a dream.
I realise it and even told him several times I was not ready for him to be in my dreams yet.
They stopped for a long time.
When he started being a part of the dream again, it didn't bother me.

I’ve been listening to her audiobook, just because she had a stroke and a near death experience, and as she was doing the reading, I thought it would at least be read well.

I woke up in the night and couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to listen to a bit more of it. I put my earphones in and lay down to listen.

At some point I must have fallen asleep, but not in a way where I stopped being able to hear her story. In fact, I tried to stop listening at some point. I’d had enough of hearing her voice in my head. But when I turned off the recording, thinking I was still awake, she kept talking. I couldn't understand what was going on. When I pulled the ear phones out of my ears she kept talking! Now I really had no idea what was going on.

I’d had an experience like this many years earlier. I would listen to a podcast at night on my radio, and sometimes I would fall asleep. I would wake up in the exact same surroundings and reach over and turn it off, and it wouldn't turn off, so I'd turn the power off and it would still be playing, and then I realised I had to be dreaming. The moment I realised I was dreaming everything changed. I became lucid and had an experience of lucidity that was very interesting. But not this time.

I must have been deep in the dream because there was no recognition of dreaming at all. Nothing dawned on me that this had to be a dream. It was just what was happening. Then I discovered something else. While I continued to hear Sharon Stone's voice in my head, I could not hear any other sound. I was completely deaf to anybody's voice or any sound in the world. Silence, except for Sharon Stone in my head telling me her story. In fact I got so confused at one point, while trying to communicate what was going on for me to somebody there, I felt I had to write it down, completely forgetting that they could hear me speak no problem, I just couldn't hear them answer. I had to stop Sharon stone from talking in my head. It was driving me crazy. While she is an actress, and speaks her words far better than other people who have made audiobooks, she also has quite a monotonous, almost monosyllabic droning voice at times, and without being able to stop it, it was like torture!

I was awake enough to still be following the story, everything made sense, even though I didn't want to listen to it now. The scene of the dream changed a few times and yet it was all about how to cope with having Sharon Stone's voice in my head, seemingly forever. It was only when I suddenly realised I had no choice but to accept it. That I could accept it. I woke up and realised why I had Sharon Stone's voice in my head, and turned it off, and the peace from the silence was absolutely incredible.

I looked at how long I'd been listening for…one hour 40 minutes had gone by since I’d put it on; an eternity in dreamtime, and yet I was aware of her words being spoken at their usual pace…one second per second, normal speaking cadence, and yet it felt like it had been an eternity of torture; I would never find peace. There would never be silence again.

In my daily life this would not have been such a terrible discovery. I spend so much time with earplugs in that to have total silence would not necessarily be torture, but to discover that it would come with a monotonous droning voice telling me a story I no longer wanted to listen to, would be.

I’ve never had a dream like that before where I wasn't able to discover I was dreaming, or wake up sooner as one does from a nightmare. But it revealed something about my current situation, and how things have been for me. In the dream I had to accept it. Completely. I had to accept it first, and only then did it change. A powerful metaphor for life. When things aren't going as I might want them to go, accept them as they are first and then they will change.
That was a trippy read.
I like this.
I might have to come back to this as I have got dinner to get ready and am going out.
For now I will just say I am sorry it caused you torture, yet glad you learnt a valuable lesson from it.

yet glad you learnt a valuable lesson from it.
Oh, I've been aware that acceptance is the key for some time; it has been a practice of mine, certainly since I first encountered Eckhart Tolle, about 10 years ago. It takes time to become truly accepting though, so this dream was giving me a test, in a state I wasn't used to accepting things in.

I wanted to share it because it's a good lesson. I just revealed it in a way that allowed you to take the journey I took rather than just telling you the result of it.

Well, you deal with this sort of thing better than I do, that's for sure.

It doesnt happen very often at all... as almost every dream I have is a twisted, surreal mess of nonsense... but on the very rare occasion that I have one that's related to something, it's usually something that'll bother me.

And then I wake up and get angry and, I dunno, yell at the lamp or something (I tend to be just a tad lost for a bit after waking up).

I will soon forget it, and then the next time it happens, the response will be the same, except that I might insult the dresser instead.

Never exactly been good at the whole "accept it" thing. Usually when I make a change, it's probably because I just Hulk Smashed the problem again and again until it fell over. Or because I spaced out and forgot it was there, that can happen too.

Earlier in life I used to have that happen where I got sick. Wake up in a cold sweat. Usually that's what causes me to dream at all. Have had the type you describe. They are scary. Even when you wake up. Your double checking to make sure your not still in a dream.
In my opinion this just reaffirms how dangerous mind manipulative can be.

I've only dreamed about Sharon Stone while under a police interrogation. Catherine Trammel, perhaps one of my most favorite fictional characters.

But that's another story. :p :cool:

Great soundtrack too....:)

Last edited:

I've had some cracy lucid dreams, hallucinations along with sleep paralysis in the past:
I fell asleep, but not quite. Some senses were still functional like hearing and sometimes eyesight. I propably sleep with my eyes open from time to time, because in my sleep I saw the environment I fell asleep in. Some select dreams:

1. This was by far the strangest. Intense humming sound causing a headache, in the centre of my vision a colour changing triangle, surrounded by more geometrical patterns. There were dna strings as well. I concentrated on the triangle, the humming sound intensified, the headache got worse, the triangle flickered faster, I woke up in extreme panic.
2. This one happened again and again with alterations: I saw the enviroment I fell asleep in. An invisible force grabbed me and pulled me up. The first time this happened I was scared and tried to fight it, the next time I decided to use it because I wanted the experience of flying. I started to float and felt light all of sudden. Sometimes I could see myself lying in bed or on the sofa.
3. Normal sleep paralysis: I fell asleep when someone talked with someone else and although I couldn't open my eyes and my body was paralyzed I could hear every word. I still remember the whole conversation they had, sleep paralysis is like hypnosis in my experience.
4. Amazing jazz music once started playing in my head along with lyrics. I tried to look it up after waking, it doesn't exist. I'm not even a musical person. My brain seems to be more creative while asleep. Sometimes it's whole novels as well. I should write them down.

No, I don't do drugs. I don't take meds either. Don't ask me where this comes from. It might be a similar phenomen to what op experienced.

Last edited:
You may be describing an actual OBE.

You might be right. OBEs occur in altered states of mind, near death experiences, dreams, psychedelic drugs, meditation... I think it has something to do with brain waves.
About brain waves, I stumbled upon this:
Different Types of Brain Waves: Delta, Theta, Alpha, Beta, Gamma : Itsu Sync, Brainwave Entrainment and Binaural Beats

Sometimes only the first word gets sent...
The rest follow later ;)

I got distracted lol. I intended to write that I sometimes experience dreams that seem to be prophetic in nature: A family member having cancer was the scariest example. But it could simply be my mind pondering about the worst possible outcome for already existing issues, that family member for example, hadn't felt well before they got the diagnosis.

I tend to vividly remember dreams after waking up but the memory fades fast. I need to revise it in order to remember. Maybe I should keep a pen and paper next to my bed.

Did you have dreams like the one you described before? Must have been an intense experience.

Edit: Oops, I didn't read the paragraph you have written.

Last edited:
I tend to vividly remember dreams after waking up but the memory fades fast. I need to revise it in order to remember. Maybe I should keep a pen and paper next to my bed.
That's a good idea. Or make a voice recording. Some kind of journal makes sense.
Did you have dreams like the one you described before? Must have been an intense experience.
Not quite like that one. It was pretty intense. As I mentioned, falling asleep listening to something used to trigger a lucid dream. I remember one time being in my bedroom and walking towards the door. As it was a dream I assumed I could walk right through it. I could, and I did it so slowly I could see the grain of the wood as I passed through.
I also had one where I seemed to be in some kind of mall. There were people there but they weren't 'real'. It was like I was in a training area to see how I would deal with knowing I could do anything. I tried to fly, and did, for a bit, but no higher than a few feet. Like, I wasn't there to play but to learn what being lucid really was. I've had a few like this.

I like dreams a lot. Such interesting things.

I have quite a few recordings that contain Binaural beats. Interesting stuff. Different frequencies in each ear create a third sound in the brain that the ears aren't hearing. Well, I suppose everything is heard in the brain, but when you get to experience it without music, there's definitely something else there the ears aren't hearing.

Last edited:
That's a good idea. Or make a voice recording. Some kind of journal makes sense.

Not quite like that one. It was pretty intense. As I mentioned, falling asleep listening to something used to trigger a lucid dream. I remember one time being in my bedroom and walking towards the door. As it was a dream I assumed I could walk right through it. I could, and I did it so slowly I could see the grain of the wood as I passed through.
I also had one where I seemed to be in some kind of mall. There were people there but they weren't 'real'. It was like I was in a training area to see how I would deal with knowing I could do anything. I tried to fly, and did, for a bit, but no higher than a few feet. Like, I wasn't there to play but to learn what being lucid really was. I've had a few like this.

I like dreams a lot. Such interesting things.

Yes, it's mindblowing. There are instructions on how to induce lucid dreams. Actually, the training ground idea is quite accurate, scientists claim that using lucid dreams as la tool for learning and motivation is quite helpful. Athletes have been instructed to include it in their training program along with meditation.

I have quite a few recordings that contain Binaural beats. Interesting stuff. Different frequencies in each ear create a third sound in the brain that the ears aren't hearing. Well, I suppose everything is heard in the brain, but when you get to experience it without music, it's strange. I definitely think it does something though.

I'd really like to learn more about meditation because in meditation you actively influence brain waves. Must be an interesting experience once you've mastered it. I'm an impatient person though and my mind tends to wander off.

I'd really like to learn more about meditation because in meditation you actively influence brain waves. Must be an interesting experience once you've mastered it. I'm an impatient person though and my mind tends to wander off.
That's why they call it a 'practice'. ;)

scientists claim that using lucid dreams as a tool for learning and motivation is quite helpful. Athletes have been instructed to include it in their training program along with meditation.
One of the most powerful things to do while lucid is to meditate within the dream.

Now I am home I thought I would read this through again.
There certainly have been some very fascinating dream experiences on this thread. :)

It's hard to say what happened here, maybe you were dreaming but thought you were awake.

It's a lot more mundane for me when I fall asleep listening to audiobooks, as I wake up realising I have missed a big chunk.

Have you ever been tested for misophonia? Misophonia - Wikipedia LOts of Aspies have it. It's terrible. It can also cause residual hearing, where you keep hearing a sound in the same was you will keep seeing light after (for instance) a flash bulb.

If you do have miso and have lucid dreaming they could certainly interweave.

My dreams can frighten me. l have experienced very real like PTSD dreams. Like a man bothering me and l get upset. But they are less now. Sometimes my dreams are so interesting, l don't want to wake up. So l open my eyes, then go back but l can never pick up that dream thread so l feel a tab discombobulated like l lost the page in a book l was reading. I love Casino because of Ms Sharon Stone and Robert Dinero. Her role is actually based on a true twisted love story.

Last edited:
My worst ones are when there are a ton of layers. Like you wake up and you think you're awake, but you're in another dream. A couple minutes later, I realize I'm still dreaming, then I get into another dream. A couple weeks ago it went on for like six layers. And it's always the same, just getting up and getting ready like normal.

Usually when it happens I'm really tired, so even if I wake up for real I fall back asleep almost instantly the first time or two.

New Threads

Top Bottom