• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I avoided a meeting!

Nervous Rex

High-functioning autistic
V.I.P Member
Story time.

I got an email last week that someone from our Marketing department needed to meet to put together a public statement about part of our system that I work on.

Since I compulsively over-prepare, I drafted a statement to explain the technical details to non-technical readers in clear, simple language. Ran it by my boss and we refined it a bit. Then sent it to Marketing.

This morning, Marketing wrote back and said, "This is great. No need to meet."

Now, I'm just so proud that I avoided a lengthy meeting. I went and told a coworker/friend of mine, and he said, "No, you avoided a social interaction. I bet you're most proud of that, Rex!"

He's probably right.

At least you managed it in a professional way.

Whenever I avoid a gathering of any sort, which is very frequently, it's basically "LOL NOPE" and then I go and do whatever.

...No seriously though, sometimes my reaction to someone asking me to go to something is to actually laugh at it. No, I dont care if it sounds rude. If they dont want to get laughed at, they should have learned from the previous 50 times I had that reaction.

Besides, I have important stuff to do. The dog isnt going to play tug-of-war with himself.

You obviously haven’t met my pet rock.
Ooo! What type of pet rock do you have? There seems to be all manner of different sorts!

1090160.jpg

image8.png

images%20%281%29.jpg

Did it by any change come with a bed and a walking leash ?

91G0UZDZ2VL._SX466_.jpg

X-Wing Proton Torpedoes Death Star ,Rock jams up X-Wing's engines, Bird out-evolves Rock, Death Star vapourises planet including Birds, X-Wing Proton Torpedoes Death Star...

I felt genuine joy for you just from reading the title, and now I'm happy from reading the post. I love this! Thank you for sharing!

Meteors would win, although I guess they’re just big rocks.

Actually the dino-birds survived the meteors (which is why we have birds today)
060922_archaeopteryx_02.grid-4x2.jpg

These big carnivorous ones (Phorusrhacidae - aka 'Terror Birds') would not have felt threatened by pet rocks. Wild rocks may have made them a little nervous. It is not yet known whether these and our early ancestors ever crossed paths. I am guessing not, because our path might have abruptly ended.

phorusrhacidae.png

Great rocks to take to a meeting.

They look really interested.

We went to a baseball game last night and security asked my wife if she had any rocks in her purse. She looked at him funny and said no - like who would just carry rocks in their purse?

Then, after we were seated, she remembered that she actually did have a rock. It was a decorated like the pictures above and say, "Gratitude" on it.

So, now I'm going to worry when she says I need some gratitude.

We went to a baseball game last night and security asked my wife if she had any rocks in her purse. She looked at him funny and said no - like who would just carry rocks in their purse?

Then, after we were seated, she remembered that she actually did have a rock. It was a decorated like the pictures above and say, "Gratitude" on it.

So, now I'm going to worry when she says I need some gratitude.

Pummeled to death with gratitude.

New Threads

Top Bottom