• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am suspicious that my family could have undiagnosed ASD

Oz67

Even I am suspicious that both of my parents might have ASD.

My dad told me that he has sensory issues, and I see him have restricted interests and repetitive behaviors most of the time, and loves routine. I came into conclusion that he was like that from early childhood, but his social skills is much better.

My mom also has sensory issues, and my grandmother told me that she has milder problems with socializing with some men, and gets very angry when her routine changes.

My brother has Broad Autism Phenotype, he plays with his sensory toy and reacts badly when his routine changes, but to a milder degree. My brother's symptoms is so mild, it's mild to the point where he is in the army.

My brother might have ASD, but he is developed enough to the point where he is joining the army.

It's geneticely inherited.

Entirely possible...considering how many of us seem to "fly under the radar" of the medical community over such a long period of time. I've come to the conclusion that I have one first cousin and one second cousin who are likely to be on the spectrum, yet like myself never formally diagnosed. And they're on both sides of the family! Go figure.

Though I'd like to believe that those who are much younger now have a better chance of being detected and diagnosed.

Last edited:
I remember spending 4 hours with my daughter making her birthday cake. A teapot with a teacup, fondant frosting and rice crisp treats molded into teapot lid and so on. And we never thought twice about the time we spent doing it. Yes, it runs in families.

New Threads

Top Bottom