• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

i am new here today

watchman84

hi my name is Jon and i have come on here as a way to connect with other persons who may understand what i am going through too.
I have autism, some say i i use to have what you call Asperger syndrome.
i am here since my peer supporter did ask me to join an online forum too.
i feel different i feel angry at what i have and i have had it well my whole life but it just recently came to my attention too. either way, i am still struggling to deal with it.

6b9af0a23b460fa89c7754fba2692e1a.png

Welcome to the site and now that you are here be sure to make use of it.

Start a topic about something that is bothering you, like the anger you mention. You would be surprised at how many here have shared similar experiences and could offer suggestions to help you work through your issues.

Just be good to yourself. Asperger's is not a disease it is a different way of experiencing the world. I was not diagnosed until after 40, but it made little difference to me. There are reasons for that, but this is not the place to discuss those.

Just look around, check out the different areas, read some posts, I think you will find that you are definitely not alone here.

There is a lot of support here. We all have stories of frustrations. Sometimes it's really a frustration forum. Lol.

There are good days and bad days. There are a lot success stories here of people starting school, people starting new jobs, people moving away from toxic people, people accepting their diagnoses.

Welcome friend☺

i feel different i feel angry at what i have and i have had it well my whole life but it just recently came to my attention too. either way, i am still struggling to deal with it.

This is a common introduction. Many folks feel this way. It is a combination of having these feelings of somehow being a failure at being "normal", sometimes having people point that out to you, directly or indirectly, since you were a child, and no matter what you do, nothing seems to change.

Well, welcome to the club.:D One, you don't need someone else's approval to be you. Two, you are not "normal",...so let that go. It is quite damaging to desperately seek out being someone else, whether it be a teenage girl looking at unachievable images of supermodels, or autistics trying to mask themselves into being neurotypical. Depression, anger, frustration,...real things.

People have read this many times from me on here, but for certain, at no point in our human existence has there been any significant contribution to humanity from anyone at any time by being the same as everyone else. Someone, sometime, had to deviate from the norm, had to come up with new ideas,...and yes, deal with all the pushback from the masses who settled their lives comfortably in "sameness" and predictability. Right now, we are witnessing a fellow autistic, Elon Musk, push his ideas of a sustainable energy, electric vehicles, and human existence in space. A good chunk of my investment portfolio is with Tesla, and I am making a lot of money right now,...I'm betting on Elon!

Not everyone who is autistic has the aptitudes of an Elon Musk, Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla, Galileo, Divinci, and others, but quite likely, you, I, and many others do have stereotypical autistic asymmetrical intelligences. We may not excel at many things, but there are things that we likely do excel at. Bottom line,...don't waste your mental energy focusing upon what you can't do,...push it into the things you are good at. If that means getting out of the "mainstream" job market, setting up shop at home, being your own boss, and making it work from home,...so be it.

It's a crazy, messed-up world out there,...and statistically, I am going to suggest that it is neurotypical behavior patterns that are the root cause of it. So, don't be so hard on yourself trying to be like them. You will get to a point in your life, perhaps have an epiphany of sorts,...and you will ask yourself,..."Why would I ever want to be like them?"

Personally, I embrace my "observing alien" persona sometimes. I step back and just shake my head in a combination of confusion, disgust, and anger,..."They've lost their fool heads out there,...look at them!" Embrace the autism,...don't reject it,...use it to your advantage, and make the world a better place.;)

Last edited:
Welcome. You aren't your autism, so there is little to be gained through anger at the fact of it. I didn't even know I was on the spectrum during some very trying years due to my lack of social development. I let anger at that isolation grow into a profound resentment and bitterness that has impacted my life negatively. Now I am trying to accept what had happened as fact and let go of it. While I can understand that intellectually, I cannot process it emotionally. You do not want the trap of anger and resentment when you will have plenty of things to deal with in the best of times.

Welcome to the forums @watchman84 !

I wasn't diagnosed until mid fifties. I felt some anxiety upon finding out mainly because I didn't know
how the person I live with would take it.
This is a place you can be comfortable talking about it since we will understand and have many
ways in common.

There is a good mix of support here.
Sometimes we vent and others offer ideas and their experiences.
Sometimes we play games and put up positive, fun threads.

I didn't really feel anger upon learning at this age. Actually it helped me understand myself
and my life better.
I've struggled through a lot in life and feel if I had known when I was younger I might have
struggled less.

Glad to see you here. :sunflower:

I know i am very late but i wanted to say thank you to all those who did reach out to me and reply, i had not come on here in a while but i do appreciate the comments too. :)

Welcome to the forums @watchman84 !

I wasn't diagnosed until mid fifties. I felt some anxiety upon finding out mainly because I didn't know
how the person I live with would take it.
This is a place you can be comfortable talking about it since we will understand and have many
ways in common.

There is a good mix of support here.
Sometimes we vent and others offer ideas and their experiences.
Sometimes we play games and put up positive, fun threads.

I didn't really feel anger upon learning at this age. Actually it helped me understand myself
and my life better.
I've struggled through a lot in life and feel if I had known when I was younger I might have
struggled less.

Glad to see you here. :sunflower:
thank you

Welcome to the site and now that you are here be sure to make use of it.

Start a topic about something that is bothering you, like the anger you mention. You would be surprised at how many here have shared similar experiences and could offer suggestions to help you work through your issues.

Just be good to yourself. Asperger's is not a disease it is a different way of experiencing the world. I was not diagnosed until after 40, but it made little difference to me. There are reasons for that, but this is not the place to discuss those.

Just look around, check out the different areas, read some posts, I think you will find that you are definitely not alone here.
thank you!

New Threads

Top Bottom