• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am extremely angry at my boss currently.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
A couple of months ago, everybody at my office was promised a full week off from work with full pay for the week between Christmas and New Year’s.

Last Friday, the executive director at my office decided to renege on that and demand that people (including myself) come in that week. So much for me being able to get all of the achievements in Shadow of Mordor by the end of the year before the servers close. This executive director has ruined many plans because her ego is more important than keeping her word.

Wow, that is bad.

I remember working for a Japanese company and one time, I decided to rearrange packets of clothing, because the compartments were a mess and even got a nod of approval and thumbs up from the boss.

It was not an easy task, because each time a coach full of tourests arrived, everyone had to stop work and welcom them and take care of their desires, so amongst that, I managed to sort all the packages out and then looked great and much to my horror and disgust, the boss went over and threw them all on the floor. I was so disgusted, that I went into his office and handed in my notice lol

It's possible that your boss's boss ordered the change and that your boss is as disappointed as you. Either way, I hope you enjoy the holidays.

It's possible that your boss's boss ordered the change and that your boss is as disappointed as you. Either way, I hope you enjoy the holidays.

My boss is the executive director, I answer directly to her. I am her secretary. I get that I am an important worker to her, but seriously, why did she have to pull this up now?

Last edited:
My boss is the executive direcor, I answer directly to her. I am her secretary. I get that I am an important worker to her, but seriously, why did she have to pull this up now?

Your boss must have a boss, too. To whom does she report? I agree that the employer's reneging on what was previously promised is a lousy, demoralizing decision. I hope the employer (i.e., the company) will at the very least give all of you a healthy cash bonus for Christmas to compensate for having to work.

Your boss must have a boss, too. To whom does she report? I agree that the employer's reneging on what was previously promised is a lousy, demoralizing decision. I hope the employer (i.e., the company) will at the very least give all of you a healthy cash bonus for Christmas to compensate for having to work.

She answers to the county government, which she previously gave a hard line answer of "the 23rd is the last day we'll be working this year", but they must have convinced her to renege on that. In any case, this sucks all the way around.

It sucks when plans change abruptly. I do not know the situation here, but generally these things do not happen unless something has changed the dynamic at your business. Client contracts get cancelled, or obtained,...demands, especially right now, with CoVID restrictions, openings, closings, etc. are changing week to week, sometimes day to day. A recent discovery of the current and projected budgets may have changed planning. Be cautious you are not a victim of any "mind blindness" you may be experiencing due to your autism. I have to be super careful before letting my mouth get ahead of my brain and the facts. I am not defending your boss,...it may be as you say,...but it may also be something else.

It sucks when plans change abruptly. I do not know the situation here, but generally these things do not happen unless something has changed the dynamic at your business. Client contracts get cancelled, or obtained,...demands, especially right now, with CoVID restrictions, openings, closings, etc. are changing week to week, sometimes day to day. A recent discovery of the current and projected budgets may have changed planning. Be cautious you are not a victim of any "mind blindness" you may be experiencing due to your autism. I have to be super careful before letting my mouth get ahead of my brain and the facts. I am not defending your boss,...it may be as you say,...but it may also be something else.

I may as well give an update, it turned out not to be as bad as it initially sounded. It will be at reduced hours, I will still get the full week's pay, and I won't have to cancel any of the appointments I made that week (I made one doctor appointment, plus an appointment to renew my enhanced ID card, during this week). It turns out she is as annoyed about it as everybody else is, just as Mary Terry said. On the upside, it is for a decent cause, and if I can't get those achievements by the time the servers close, it won't be the end of the world, it would just be a first world annoyance.

I may as well give an update, it turned out not to be as bad as it initially sounded. It will be at reduced hours, I will still get the full week's pay, and I won't have to cancel any of the appointments I made that week (I made one doctor appointment, plus an appointment to renew my enhanced ID card, during this week). It turns out she is as annoyed about it as everybody else is, just as Mary Terry said. On the upside, it is for a decent cause, and if I can't get those achievements by the time the servers close, it won't be the end of the world, it would just be a first world annoyance.

Happy things worked out for you.

That is good news. This has been such a lousy year for almost everyone so please have a happy holiday. We all need some small ray of hope and joy right now. Next year must be better!

Well, going in the reduced hours, will you get a full day's pay plus the additional hours you have to do on a given work day- per day during that week as well?

Revenge is a bit severe. It's better to stay on the right side of the law. Revenge is kids play and not adulting.
Edit: the revenge poster and comment was removed.

Last edited:
I now feel embarrassed by this thread. Since now my boss is saying that we only have to come in on Wednesday next week to clear up the end of the year paperwork, since she did not want to open up the office next week herself. I suppose it is a good thing I talked about the momentary frustration here instead of to her directly, but it is still embarrassing for me on afterthought.

Don't give it a second thought, KagamineLen. I'd have freaked out if the same thing happened to me. That's what friends, even anonymous online friends, are for. And you have many friends here.

Didn't we have a midnight discussion about Buffalo wings one night? I think that was you so go get some wings to enjoy!

Don't give it a second thought, KagamineLen. I'd have freaked out if the same thing happened to me. That's what friends, even anonymous online friends, are for. And you have many friends here.

Didn't we have a midnight discussion about Buffalo wings one night? I think that was you so go get some wings to enjoy!

I plan on ordering some Buffalo Wild Wings take out for New Year’s Eve. I will also have some beer, the last beer I will have before my planned dry January. My sister does a dry January every year, so I decided to do one as well.

Ah, lovely. A thread I eventually became embarrassed about is now a featured thread here. Honestly, I am giggling at the irony behind that.

I'm sure anyone would be pissed because people make plans, they might have bought plane tickets, or were planning to see friends or go somewhere but this is the pandemic so maybe she assumed no one would have plans. Especially when places are shut down again and we are restricted to how many people we can have over for the holidays.

I'm sure anyone would be pissed because people make plans, they might have bought plane tickets, or were planning to see friends or go somewhere but this is the pandemic so maybe she assumed no one would have plans. Especially when places are shut down again and we are restricted to how many people we can have over for the holidays.

Knowing my boss, she would not have penalized anybody if they already had plane tickets. I made a post in a moment of frustration. It is pretty hilarious to me now.

New Threads

Top Bottom