1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am disgusted with many people in the world.

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by KagamineLen, Apr 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nitro

Nitro Admin/Immoral Turpitude Staff Member Admin V.I.P Member

Not

2. tree

tree Blue/Green Staff Member V.I.P Member

@Sapphire K

"The simplest solution is to defund and erase them."

What do you recommend in place of law enforcement?

3. KagamineLen

KagamineLen Video game and movie addict.

Links to your evidence, please.

4. oregano

oregano Judgment day: 27/9/2021? V.I.P Member

I personally would like everybody to go around armed. Attack me (or anybody else), suffer the consequences.

Plan B would be a legal system similar to that of the Old West, where the sheriff was the chief law enforcer in town, and he was accountable to the law abiding. In the Far West US sheriffs are still elected by the people, BUT police chiefs in incorporated cities are not. It seems as if excessive force is a problem limited to cities, where LE has nobody holding them accountable. The people can't recall (vote out) the chief of police.

In many cases, NOBODY can fire the chief. After the 1992 South Central Los Angeles riots, the city council found to their dismay that there was no way to fire the chief, who had displayed gross incompetence and dereliction of duty. They had to pressure him until he resigned so they could change the law. If police chiefs could face a recall election for a cop strangling a guy to death, things would change fast.

Another aspect of the Old West I find appealing is that they took the Constitutional guarantee of a prompt and speedy trial deadly seriously. A murderer could and often was put to death less than 72 hours after his arrest. The only people benefiting from the current system with its endless legal motions are the lawyers, who bill by the hour and who thus have an incentive to drag proceedings out to get fatter paychecks. If lawyers were paid by flat salary like everybody else it would be a long way towards restoring the legal system as the Founders intended it to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nitro

Nitro Admin/Immoral Turpitude Staff Member Admin V.I.P Member

6. KagamineLen

7. Sapphire K

Sapphire K Autistic Demigirl! (She/They/It) V.I.P Member

She wasn't part of a protest. And she was being attacked by multiple people. She was in front of her own home, as well. And she was the one that called for help. The bodycam footage does not tell the full story. And, yes. It was an intentional and unnecessary kill. That officer didn't even need a taser. He didn't even ask her to drop that weapon.

Maybe know all the facts. The footage is only part of the story. There were several witnesses.

And how do you expect me to believe that not all cops are bad when they have not proven themselves otherwise?

Police only uphold systematic oppression. They are not to be called heroes. They are not to be trusted. They're dangerous. And they must be torn down.

8. Sapphire K

There is no way to reform them. They must be stopped.

9. Sapphire K

A new system without white supremacy built into it. Also one where cops do not have military hardware. Come on, they have tanks and ACPs. Do they really need tanks and ACPs? No. They don't.

10. KagamineLen

Most cops are not cold blooded murderers. Most cops are not pigs. Most cops actually want to protect and serve. Your argument makes as much sense as saying all men are sexual serial killers because of standout examples like Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy.

11. Sapphire K

Where is the proof that most cops aren't bad?

12. KagamineLen

Where is the proof that most men are not bad?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.