• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hypochondria!

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
I have always suffered this, but for some years, it got better, but it has rared its ugly head and causes such terribly anxiety.

It is natural to have health issues, due to imperfection, but nevertheless, my brain goes into overdrive.

Woke this morning with one eye being blurred and my first thought: cancer? Or, am I going blind? And can feel the surge of heart panicking anxiety seeping through me.

Coronavirus has increased everyone's stress levels. You don't know if that little cough is a potentially life threatening disease or just a speck of dust that stuck in your throat. I'm finding myself doing the same thing - worrying about various things that in years past would not have bothered me at all. It's hard to keep a healthy perspective on our health right now.

Coronavirus has increased everyone's stress levels. You don't know if that little cough is a potentially life threatening disease or just a speck of dust that stuck in your throat. I'm finding myself doing the same thing - worrying about various things that in years past would not have bothered me at all. It's hard to keep a healthy perspective on our health right now.

Weirdly, not worried about covid 19! I have a cough anyway, due to acid issues and even get pain in my heart, but that coincided with having a night of acid reflux, so I put it down to that and read, that one's heart can hurt, from the acid.

It helps that you're in a country with rational leaders and a lower incidence of covid than the US! We're leading the world in infections and deaths from covid and have many citizens who won't wear masks or social distance, preferring to follow conspiracy theories and political propaganda rather than science about it. I worry about it because my husband and I are in our mid-60s although we don't have any other known risks for it.

I have always suffered this, but for some years, it got better, but it has rared its ugly head and causes such terribly anxiety.

It is natural to have health issues, due to imperfection, but nevertheless, my brain goes into overdrive.

Woke this morning with one eye being blurred and my first thought: cancer? Or, am I going blind? And can feel the surge of heart panicking anxiety seeping through me.

Yeah, things like that terrify me and it sometimes takes weeks to get over.
oh yeah, Enjoy Ms. Suzanne ! ;)

It helps that you're in a country with rationale leaders and a lower incidence of covid than the US! We're leading the world in infections and deaths from covid and have many citizens who won't wear masks or social distance, preferring to follow conspiracy theories and political propaganda rather than science about it. I worry about it because my husband and I are in our mid-60s although we don't have any other known risks for it.
People in the UK just protest by going to parties, lying in parks and not wearing a mask at all ,I've only seen a few protest marches.

Covid-19 mortality rates deaths per 100,000:
john hopkins deaths per 100000.JPG

Fatality ratio:
fatality ratio.JPG

It helps that you're in a country with rational leaders and a lower incidence of covid than the US! We're leading the world in infections and deaths from covid and have many citizens who won't wear masks or social distance, preferring to follow conspiracy theories and political propaganda rather than science about it. I worry about it because my husband and I are in our mid-60s although we don't have any other known risks for it.

Where I am living, there are no reports of victims, but in the department that I am in, there are many who have been stricken and I was talking to a spiritual sister, who said that a co worker of her daughter, has come down with covid and is very ill with it, but her daughter got tested and she is negative.

But in Paris and other big cities here, there is a worrying speed of covid, but that probably is due to not respecting the guildlines.

I wear a mask when I have to go out ( thankfully, only shopping once every other week and briefly to our bins each monday). Also, it is important to wash the mask and wash hands.

Take vitamin D and probotics, because that helps to absorb the vitamin into our blood stream and that should keep you save from covid.

Yeah, things like that terrify me and it sometimes takes weeks to get over.
oh yeah, Enjoy Ms. Suzanne

What? Enjoy?!!! Thank goodness you added the wink smilie lol

I guess I am pretty blessed then, because it does not take weeks to get over.

enjoy your vip membership wink, wink,wink:smile:

I did not even pay to be a vip, so when you mentioned it, I thought: nope, you got that wrong and when I scrolled up and saw, that indeed, I am a vip; whoa not sure, because I was thinking of paying for it, but decided against it for now, so not sure why I have been given vip status?

It's been three years in October since I was last sick with a virus, which was a cold. Now I'm worried my brain is thinking I'm long overdue and is going to lower my immunity because it hates me.

I heard about someone's father who got Covid 19, but the first and only symptom he had at the beginning was that he suddenly lost his sense of taste and smell. Luckily, they got him checked out and treated in time before he got really sick. But now I'm worried, am I tasting and smelling food as well as I should? Is it weaker than normal?

It's been three years in October since I was last sick with a virus, which was a cold. Now I'm worried my brain is thinking I'm long overdue and is going to lower my immunity because it hates me.

I heard about someone's father who got Covid 19, but the first and only symptom he had at the beginning was that he suddenly lost his sense of taste and smell. Luckily, they got him checked out and treated in time before he got really sick. But now I'm worried, am I tasting and smelling food as well as I should? Is it weaker than normal?

Good Day GrownupGirl, I'm not sure, but it maybe not be a good idea to get worked up over something that might not be there. If you think something is wrong, maybe go get checked out. Just my opinion. I hope all is ok. Be Well !

I tend to just push thru minor illnesses and injuries. I don't worry about getting sick. I take reasonable precautions but I also balance the harm done by precautions against the benefits. Isolation and depression are also killers and I do not do well cooped up inside. So I wear a mask around other people, I keep my distance, and I wash my hands after touching common surfaces outside the home. Beyond that? Que sera, sera.

I've been close to death more than once and death doesn't scare me. It is the slow process of dying that's a hassle.

Today I coughed a little when I was in the car with my mom and asked her, "Should I start writing my will now?" she laughed, but I was actually being serious. They always laugh when I'm being serious.

I haven't even had a cold for over three years now, and even that worries me because I read somewhere that people who are healthy most of the time are likely to get to have a worse illness when they eventually do get sick. I don't know why, maybe our immune systems get lazy or something?

Today I got some of my Christmas shopping done. I'm trying to get it done and over with as soon as possible before things get even worse or there's another lockdown. When you're looking for an item you don't normally shop for the arrows make looking for it even more confusing, wearing my face shield and my mask together makes it hard for me to see and breathe. I can barely hear and understand what the workers in the stores are saying to me and I have to go "what, what, what?" like a freaking moron, especially when that stupid announcement comes on very 30 seconds.

I can almost see germs crawling on all over everything, like those awful commercials for Lysol and junk. They must be making a fortune now. Laughing all the way to the bank while other businesses die.

And not long ago I started getting creepy paranoid thoughts about my mother poisoning my food. She's been so kind, bringing me some of her home cooked meals and baked treats when she comes by. But wait? What if she's secretly going to poison it and kill me so she won't have to spend time and money on me anymore? No! That's insane, she would never do that. She loves me, she would never try to harm me. I really am losing my mind.

I hate my life, and I should have ended it when 9/11 happened 19 years ago. The whole world has been just been getting worse and worse ever since and I can't understand why I still go on living. I don't want to die, but life is just not livable. It's like a long, awful, painful game where you always lose at the end. I'm just rambling, so I'll stop. If you actually read all of this... thanks, I guess?

I have already posted about this, but here goes again.

Anyone else on here suffer this horrible illness?

I am sitting at my computer, watching a Korean drama and get a dizzy spell and a rush of panic overwhelmes me and deep anxiety hits me with: what is wrong with me? And thinking of all the worst scenarios and of course, it is night time here, so that makes it worse and have a bit of indegestion, but cannot go to bed yet, despite being incredably tired, due to getting acid reflux if I go to bed soon after eating.

I made up a drink of aloe vera juice, with one leaf and some ginger and a bit of honey, mixed with water and SCARED to drink it, in case I poison myself, because I heard that there is a bit of aloe vera which is poisoeous and yet, I throughly cleaned it.

I just feel so alone with this damn hypocrondia!

Granted it’s not quite the same for me, but having a weakened immune system and being at a higher risk of things like blood clots and heart problems because of lymphoma and/or the treatment for it has made me paranoid. It’s really hard to tell sometimes what’s just a “normal” chemo symptom and what’s worrying. I’ve spent three different nights at the ER for chest pain that turned out to be nothing, so far, they’re probably getting annoyed at me:oops:

New Threads

Top Bottom