• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hypnosis while high?

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
I"ve talked about hypnosis on here before but I feel like I didnt elaborate enough. I love hypnosis, and in fact my therapist actually "prescribed" hypnosis videos to me for use when I'm having an anxiety attack or panic attack.

It's so refreshing. And I always feel safe every time, because even though my master isn't here, she is trustworthy enough that I can listen to her commands and know she means well.

But other side, Maddog let's me blaze with him sometimes, and he's the one who introduced me to it, and when he did I saw how good it was for me. I still love it to this day!

I dont always put those two things together but when I do, it's such a relaxing experience. All the stress and worry of the day just gone as I explore a world in my eyes laid before me.

Poyo...poyoooooo.

I love this pillow! It feels just like meeeeeeeeee!
Wait, when did I get fingers?

I can get that from music. Certain beats and singing can put you into a similar state of mind.
You mean music gets you high?
It absolutely does.
It depends on the timing and other factors as well as the music itself, though.

I sometimes lapse into what I consider an autohypnotic condition. If I empty my mind out and look in one direction without focusing my eyes, time can go by without any awareness. This is a bad thing to do while driving. It is quite a different experience than anything I've ever had on drugs.

I feel like I'm the only one on the site that listens to hypno files.

Not that that's a bad thing, I just don't hear of anyone else here that does so.

:p

I listened to hypnosis recordings a lot years ago, and occasionally now. Mine are on cassettes and discs, I found them very therapeutic, calming and pleasant.

I feel like I'm the only one on the site that listens to hypno files.

Not that that's a bad thing, I just don't hear of anyone else here that does so.

:p

Personally I can't keep still for long enough to appreciate audio relaxation and meditation files.

I can focus well if I'm walking along while I listen,
or some part of me is moving and twiddling,
which pretty much defeats the purpose :)

I've tried theta waves, binaural(?) beats.
I find myself following the different instruments or sounds separately though.
for example,
a piece of relaxation music has rainfall & pan pipes,
then it introduces a Tibetan singing bowl and then somebody talks and gives me instructions.
That's four things I'm listening to, separately.
My mind is tracking the sounds, not switching off and chillin'.

I once tried an NLP programme to help get me to sleep.
I was wide awake throughout. Too interested in instruction, voice, method and what was supposed to be happening :)

I have often considered hazing my brains out or Rhino tranquillisers...
but until such time as I'm ready to dive head first into addictions,

I'll just keep on plugging away at finding alternative methods... that actually work for me.

New Threads

Top Bottom