• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

hydroxyl machine

paloftoon

V.I.P Member
Hi all, I've learned some things about a hydroxyl machine, but I have more questions.
Are any of you bored and want to help me by letting me display my research and then helping me with some follow-up questions from that?

I do really need the help and I'm in a situation where I need to try to use one on my own.
Thank you.

The only things I know is to stay away from any unit that overlaps 185 nm UV, which produces ozone preferentially. Also you need enhanced airflow because hydroxyl radicals are short lived.

Does a hydroxyl and an ozone machine attempt to remove the potential toxins from cigarette smoke too? After using the machine, how long should you wait after airing it out before it's more livable? How do you determine how long to use an ozone/hydorxyl machine for each cycle before you turn it off?

The Ozone vs. Hydroxyl Debate. This helps with how to use properly.

Generating Pure Air.
3-5 days to use,

Chemical changes in thirdhand smoke associated with remediation using an ozone generator - PubMed
Says that it seems unknown beyond odor how effective these kind of machines are.

7 Tips for Hydroxyl Generator Cleaning & Maintenance Cleaning

Uncovering the Hidden Dangers of Ozone Treatment for Thirdhand Smoke in Vehicles | Knowsmoke This says that Ozone machines work well even with the toxin particles themselves, but that we have to let the place air out afterward. Air out for how long afterward, I don't know. Thoughts?

'============

Since I have the bandwidth to let a machine run without occupying the residence unnecessarily, I am trying to figure out certain logistics enough.

I figure I can leave the hydroxyl machine running, and I can check during lunch break, and then check after work and turn off then or several hours or so later if I have to for the day.

1. Hydroxl I notice is safe with other things in a place.
2. Hydroxyl is apparently safe enough for other people to be around after it's been run, but I still want to minimize my contact and air it out after it stops running.
3. I have the bandwidth to air the new place out.

New Threads

Top Bottom