• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Howdy!

Pyrola

Hello, I'm Pyrola! I am a self diagnosed aspie, I have done extensive reading on the subject, and also have multiple family members who are aspies, so it didn't seem to big a leap for me to be one as well.:) I may eventually pursue a professional diagnosis, but for now I'm happy. My interests include the natural world, especially mycology and botany, reading, cartoons, old TV shows from the 50's and 60's, knitting, video games, and art. One of my favorite cartoons is sponge bob, my siblings and I can have entire conversations made out of sponge bob quotes :D. I live in a rather isolated local, and that combined with my general reticence makes it tough for me to socialize outside of my family, so I'm glad I can relate with them well. This community seems very warm and welcoming, I'm glad to have become a part of it and hope to be able to make some friends!

Welcome aboard!
This is what I imagine SpongeBob's back yard to be like, so I painted it.

Rocco, that's lovely! It looks so serene. Randomperson, I love the bubble bowl episode, Spongebob does indeed rock hard.

Welcome :)

It's great that your family have been able to help you better understand yourself. I hope you feel right at home here.

I like to recommend that our new members take a look at our recommended reading resources, though by the sounds of it, you might be contributing a few titles yourself: Resources | AspiesCentral.com

Welcome, see you in the Krusty Krab afterwards for patties and a soda ? Bring Sandy, she's cute.

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone! Vanilla, my family certainly has been very helpful, I'm glad I have such a supportive environment. Thank you for the reading list, it looks like there's plenty there to keep me busy. As for recommendations, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Adult Asperger Syndrome by Valerie Gaus is the only one I've read that I don't think is already on the list. It's meant for therapists, I believe, but it has all kinds of useful info. StephF, I'll take you up for that Krabby Patty, it sounds pretty good right now!

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone! Vanilla, my family certainly has been very helpful, I'm glad I have such a supportive environment. Thank you for the reading list, it looks like there's plenty there to keep me busy. As for recommendations, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Adult Asperger Syndrome by Valerie Gaus is the only one I've read that I don't think is already on the list. It's meant for therapists, I believe, but it has all kinds of useful info. StephF, I'll take you up for that Krabby Patty, it sounds pretty good right now!
Cool, you're welcome to add resources, and even write a review of your thoughts of the books you have read, if you wish :)

Cool, you're welcome to add resources, and even write a review of your thoughts of the books you have read, if you wish :)
Ah, yes, I went over to the resources area and noticed that after I posted that. I also learned to use the quotes, sometimes I take a bit to catch on to stuff like this.:confused:

Ah, yes, I went over to the resources area and noticed that after I posted that. I also learned to use the quotes, sometimes I take a bit to catch on to stuff like this.:confused:
That's quite alright. Many of us are new to forum sites :)

New Threads

Top Bottom