• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How to sleep well in cold weather?

Qoyote

I'm usually tired even when I get 8-9 hours of sleep, and I can feel the air on my eyes all day. I was sleeping really well the last few weeks, then the temperature dropped from 80 to 60 outside and now it's bad again even though I'm on the same schedule! It's not insomnia, I can fall/stay asleep just fine. I just feel worse when I wake up. I looked it up, but apparently other people sleep better in cold weather.

Anyone else have this problem? Any tips?

I'm usually tired even when I get 8-9 hours of sleep, and I can feel the air on my eyes all day. I was sleeping really well the last few weeks, then the temperature dropped from 80 to 60 outside and now it's bad again even though I'm on the same schedule! It's not insomnia, I can fall/stay asleep just fine. I just feel worse when I wake up. I looked it up, but apparently other people sleep better in cold weather.

Anyone else have this problem? Any tips?
I'm guessing you are in the Southern Hemisphere and weather getting cooler.
I'm in the northern hemisphere (UK) sun taking it's time to warm us up.

Is the cold waking you up?
Can you get more covers, warmer nightwear.
I've been known to wear a hat in bed in winter.

I have menopause and night sweats, so use a fan all year round, in Winter it's really weird because if I have no fan on I sweat, but if I do, I get a cold head, and the hat makes all the difference.
Hope that helps, you lose a lot of heat out of your head.

Are you okay with Hot Water bottles?

Having one of those prepared and leaving it under my bedcovers (wrapped in a pillowcase) for a short while before I get into bed later helps take the chill off, I find.

I sleep at sometimes 0° C. I have some really heavy, thick blankets and lots of pillows. In the past I'd sleep with my dog under the blankets. I have more of a problem sleeping in hot weather so I'm probably not much of a help.

I like a cold room and cold weather, but sometimes get cherry pit bags that I put in the microwave and warm up and take them to bed like someone suggested a hot water bottle (no water involved with these in case you do have an electric blanket).

I like the cherry pit bags better than the rice or corn, but some may like the others better. Easy to find, ebay has them and most are home made and under $20 shipped!

I'm gonna try the hat, the electric blanket and the hot water bottle/bags (I have rice but I never thought of that). Thanks, guys!

I'm the opposite. I can only sleep when it's cold. Once the bedroom is above 70 or so, I just get so hot, I can't sleep at all. I almost always have a fan going when I sleep.

But to answer your question, I live in the Pacific Northwest and we get ice storms in the winter. It gets very cold. I'd suggest you go to a thrift store and buy about three or so comforters. The weight of the blankets is nice, and it holds in your warmth in the winter, and keeps you cool in the summer.

New Threads

Top Bottom