• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

how to manage the stress ?

another_Name

Since the beginning, I have a lot of stress issues, but since a few years, it's came to a all new level. It take mainly the form of an anxiety of performance which is really problematic for my studies. Does any of you have advice or anything to help me on this ?

For me, I've found that practicing in as close to the actual conditions as possible is helpful. If I know that I'll have an hour for a test, I'll sit down and take a practice test in an hour. For violin performances, I would practice in front of other people and have them pretend to be judges. For oral presentations, I'll practice saying it over and over again until it's in my muscle memory and I don't stutter over it anymore. This is pretty generic advice so you might have heard it before, but I hope it's at least a bit helpful.

I've never been able to do anything in front of anyone. I played piano, but if I ever tried to play with someone else present I constantly messed up and just couldn't play. I can't sing in front of anyone. I can't dance in front of anyone. One thing about being a home health nurse was that every year you had to do so many skills in front of your peers, even though it's things you did all the time. Luckily I had a great boss there that seemed to know some may perform lousy in front of people. Actually my direct supervisor had to go with me (requirement) to change a catheter and she waited in the next room. I liked her. :) Anyhow - to answer your question - I have performance anxiety over absolutely everything and always have.

New Threads

Top Bottom