• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How to make RGB less bright?

grommet

Please help me. I have an Asus Z690 motherboard and I had software that was good and I liked it, it would let me dim the RGB. I watched a Linus Tech Tips video and they recommended another kind of software to do it. I trust them so I got it but it was too confusing. But it would not let me use it without deleting my old software for RGB. But I do not know its name, I did not write it down. When I tried getting what I thought was it again from Asus, they made something called Crate and Aura Effects come onto my computer. I have tried very very hard, I looked at everything, but I cannot find a way to dim my RGB and it is awful, so bright.

Can you tell me how to control my RGB to make it less bright? I would like my original Asus RGB software or how to use what I have now to do it or I will get another program if I have to. Whatever would solve this problem. Can you help me please?

Flux allows dimming of B and brightness if that helps at all. I've mentioned this elsewhere, but you can also use the dark theme if you're on windows and Dark Reader for Firefox or Chrome to basically eliminate bright, white pages

Edit: my bad, I thought you were talking about screen dimness

Last edited:
Flux allows dimming of B and brightness if that helps at all. I've mentioned this elsewhere, but you can also use the dark theme if you're on windows and Dark Reader for Firefox or Chrome to basically eliminate bright, white pages
My PC has RGB lighting. It is not the monitor screen. Lights inside the case. I like them but now they are too bright. I need o dim them.

Can't help, but could not resist answering, because I so feel for you and my: change brightness is like my sunglasses and my phone. I would hyperventilate if I could not dim my computer!

With Asus it's normally called Aura.

ASUS Aura: Campaigns

I don't know if this is the right one for your PC so have a read up first.
Thank you for trying to help. That is the new thing I have running now after I lost the old version. I cannot figure out if there is a way to use the program to dim the RGB lighting or if it does not have that feature. I asked the internet and I could not find the answer.

I feel very bad because it worked so well but I feel worse because I feel very upset with myself for breaking something that was working okay. I thought I was following good advice and it may be but maybe I do not know enough to do technical things like this and that is the problem.

Can't help, but could not resist answering, because I so feel for you and my: change brightness is like my sunglasses and my phone. I would hyperventilate if I could not dim my computer!

Oh it is not the screen on my monitor, I can make that brighter or less bright, there are controls. My PC has glass in some areas and behind the glass it has RGB lights. They are colored. They are too bright now and I need to turn them down. The program I had before I changed things would do this easily. I cannot understand or find the controls in the new program to do it and I cannot find my old program.

Thank you for trying to help. That is the new thing I have running now after I lost the old version. I cannot figure out if there is a way to use the program to dim the RGB lighting or if it does not have that feature. I asked the internet and I could not find the answer.

I feel very bad because it worked so well but I feel worse because I feel very upset with myself for breaking something that was working okay. I thought I was following good advice and it may be but maybe I do not know enough to do technical things like this and that is the problem.
There's an older version shown on that page too. Try clicking on the red lettering that says 1.07.79_V2.2. This seems to be a lighting controller only.

A strong piece of advice I would give you is to create a flash drive with all the driver and software install files you normally use on it. You'll always have a backup in case something goes wrong that way.

There's an older version shown on that page too. Try clicking on the red lettering that says 1.07.79_V2.2. This seems to be a lighting controller only.

A strong piece of advice I would give you is to create a flash drive with all the driver and software install files you normally use on it. You'll always have a backup in case something goes wrong that way.
I will try this later, thank you. I did not know about versions.

I'm in that "camp" of curmudgeons who cannot relate to RGB effects other than as a waste of electricity and system resources. That said, if the intensity of the effects offends you, why not simply unplug the connector from your RGB header on your motherboard? There...problem solved. :)

I keep my computer under my desktop...so I don't even see the hard drive lights flickering. Just another thing that has always annoyed me. So I can't relate to a computer producing a needless "light show".

But then perhaps the reality of the OP is that it annoys him too. It's allowed...;)

Last edited:
I figured out what to do to make RGB lights as dim as I need them to be with Aura Sync, the program on my computer. It is not obvious or simple. Maybe it is if you are experienced but it was not for me. I wish things could be easier. A slider for brightness would have been very easy.

The solution is to pick a color, it shows the RGB values for each, 0-255. I like blue so I chose
Red=0
Green=0
Blue=255

Then I kept lowering the value of Blue. It kept the color I like but kept getting dimmer. So this is a solution. I spent last night and time today to trying to do this. I really think things should be easier but maybe they think anyone who knows about RGB is also experienced and would know how these systems work. In that case, they did fine and I am just out of my depth (expression). I do much prefer Universal Design, where all kinds of users can access the same things. A relief though to have my very nice color blue but not so bright.

Thank you for the help :)

I really think things should be easier but maybe they think anyone who knows about RGB is also experienced and would know how these systems work. In that case, they did fine and I am just out of my depth (expression).:)

Agreed. I suspect many software developers probably just assume the average user understands RGB values as well as hexidecimal values. Particularly with applications that allow you to change the color of an interface or specific functions like browser links and so forth. But I also suspect that so many who aren't aware of such things probably leave them the color they are, unless they are adventurous to figure it out on their own.

I became aware of such things many years ago in learning color theory and specific graphics applications like Photoshop and Corel Draw. Understanding such values are especially important in web design as well.

Agreed. I suspect many software developers probably just assume the average user understands RGB values as well as hexidecimal values. Particularly with applications that allow you to change the color of an interface or specific functions like browser links and so forth. But I also suspect that so many who aren't aware of such things probably leave them the color they are, unless they are adventurous to figure it out on their own.

I became aware of such things many years ago in learning color theory and specific graphics applications like Photoshop and Corel Draw. Understanding such values are especially important in web design as well.
I worked in pre-press graphics and I knew RGB and CMYK. I had most values memorized. It has been a long time since then. But the first program had a slider to control brightness so that is what I looked for in the newer version. It did not occur to my mind to change the Blue value.

When I was in the business there was an 800 number for a company and I still think it is the most clever I have seen, it was 800 RGB-CMYK :)

New Threads

Top Bottom