• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How much snow do you have?

Mia

V.I.P Member
This is a banner year for snow in the area I live in. It's about two feet/60 cm more than usual. Most that I've seen since I moved here over fifteen years ago. It's becoming increasingly difficult to find a place to put the snow. And as usual weather seems to rule our lives in Canada much of the time.

I'm looking forward to the coming of spring, and believe it or not, all the snow melts and goes away and the plants come alive after their dormant period.

How is the weather where you are? Is it your spring, summer or winter yet?

Last edited:
Sounds more like a banner year for much of North America. Though here the amount of snow we get in the high desert is still paltry compared to your latitude.

If it does snow tonight, it may well be the last snow of the season. Though it has been known to snow in May, but on rare occasion, and usually confined to higher elevations over 4500 feet.

LOL...yeah...I'm "done" with winter too. ;)

dead of winter.jpg

Sagebrush, cheatgrass and snow. With clear skies the sun usually melts it all off before the end of the day. o_O

chillin.jpg

I suspect this little fella is ready for spring too. :)

Last edited:
Non.

Daffodils, snowdrops, wild primrose, garden primula and Kerria japonica have all been in full swing for weeks.

Much earlier than usual.
I’ve had fuschia trying to come back late December/early January this year only to be burnt by a frost snap.

Really; and by my reckoning, usually mild for January/February this year.

Plenty of rain and shrubs greening up.

Haven’t noticed the Hawthorn flowering yet though,
so daren’t quite believe it’s spring yet.

Here in southwest Idaho, we haven't had snow on the ground for a couple of weeks. It is still snowing in the mountains, but we just get rain. The robins and doves are back. Maybe spring is near.

Last edited:
We are still under several inches of snow in PA. Lots of snow events mixed with sleet and freezing rain/rain this year much like last year. Kept the total number of inches down I think. Still some ways to go till spring.

Nada. None so far. I'm less than 200 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. It has been raining cats and dogs for weeks, though. Daffodils have finished blooming, roses are budding, camellias are in full bloom, but it's too waterlogged outside to garden.

It snowed in Salt Lake City on July 4 one year when I lived there. We used to drive up a canyon and get buckets of snow to make snowballs on the Mormons' Pioneer Day to throw at friends down in the valley. Yeah, we were young and nuts. :)

There are only some traces of it in deeply shaded areas but those will be gone soon too. It's rainy season now though today is sun/cloud mix and supposed to get to 9 degrees C.

No Snow. Early Spring.
Early Spring.jpg

Top Left Pear Trees Blooming, Top Right: Peach Trees Blooming, Bottom Left: Crepe Myrtle Blooming, Bottom Right Wild Garlic Not Blooming Yet.

This is a banner year for snow in the area I live in. It's about two feet/60 cm more than usual. Most that I've seen since I moved here over fifteen years ago. It's becoming increasingly difficult to find a place to put the snow. And as usual weather seems to rule our lives in Canada much of the time.

I'm looking forward to the coming of spring, and believe it or not, all the snow melts and goes away and the plants all come alive again.

How is the weather where you are? Is it your spring, summer or winter yet?

View attachment 52598

View attachment 52599
Wow Mia, that's a lot of snow! I remember coming home to the Adirondacks from college one winter vacation and it snowed literally non-stop for four whole days. It was the most eerie experience. When it finally stopped it covered our back door, all the windows on the second floor. I'm in North Carolina now and the Cherry and Bradford Pear trees are blooming along with the forsythia. Daffys and azaleas are not long behind. Hope you get Spring soon!!

It's warm and sunny here about 320 days a year and a little cloudy the other 45. :D

Give yourself another ten years or so of that kind of weather. Eventually you'll tire of it. I know I did. ;)

Them: "What kind of weather do y'all have out there?"
Me: "Weather? We don't have weather."

I prefer four distinct seasons, myself. Eventually I left California. Never looked back. :cool:

Last edited:
WTF? :eek: No snow here in the UK. Spring is emerging which means sunshine and blossoming flowers! Right now as it stands this evening, there is a storm and an outpour of rain.

Unfortunately, no snow in this country and it still puts me off since my origin country at this time of the year is always under quite a great layer - so thank you for the photos of the snow, it always makes me smile! Instead, I have to deal with allergy more than three months early... What even kind of idea it is for trees to release pollen since January..?

Snow? What is snow? :p:DNo snow where I am! It's autumn over here, and we're in the middle of a big heatwave and there have been many heat records broken...it's so hot and uncomfortable :confused: Can't wait for winter! (probably still hot even then)

Ice3.jpg

I still have plenty of snow around here. It has snowed several feet this year. Right now the snow is starting to melt away but the driveway is still easy to drive on so far. It will be mud season very soon as the snow melts and starts getting mushy. Spring around here only lasts for a couple of weeks and then turns to summer.

It doesn't snow where I live but I can see the mountains around Lake Tahoe from here, and they have a lot of snow right now. So ... it's beautiful and I don't have to drive in it. Sounds perfect to me.

This is from about a week ago and now there's a little more. I tried taking a picture of the garage where the snow came off the roof, but it didn't turn out in the dark, will get one tomorrow. Well some of it is still stuck on the roof because the snow in the yard is too high for it to completely come down. Thankfully I've got a big yard and plenty of places to put the snow. Still not as much as the winter of 2013-2014, that one I got buried.

SnowCeleb2.jpg

Here in Alberta there is still snow on the ground, after a February cold snap... But now with a warming trend the snow will melt, and being March we should be out of cold weather, but here there is always a possibility of snow... I've seen snowfall in May and June, not every year, but some years...

On Saturday, one of our first warm days, I took this in a local park, that's how much snow was on the ground that day...

Digi_01B(9579).jpg

Give yourself another ten years or so of that kind of weather. Eventually you'll tire of it. I know I did. ;)

Them: "What kind of weather do y'all have out there?"
Me: "Weather? We don't have weather."

I prefer four distinct seasons, myself. Eventually I left California. Never looked back. :cool:

But I can't stand being too hot or too cold! Discomfort is unbearable! :eek:

New Threads

Top Bottom