• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How many of you have just moved into an apartment?

Rob

V.I.P Member
Hi - I have moved into an apartment last June and I still have a lot of de-cluttering to do.

How many of you still have a lot of stuff to condense, especially if you have a lot of souvenirs from your deceased parents? I have kept a lot of jewelry boxes and other wood crafts that my father made. I also have a table set aside for my parents' ethnic cultural books and figures too. I have gotten rid of a lot of stuff by donation and sometimes throwing stuff out.

How many of you have been so busy or occupied with other issues that de-cluttering your living space is taking longer than you previously thought?

I've moved several times this year but don't like the concept of emotional attachment to objects, so it's not like that. I only own useful things.

I have lived in my current apartment for 3,5 years and still have a few cardboard boxes full of stuff from the previous house -or the one before that- to unpack, belonging to both me and the boyfriend. And then there’s the clutter we’ve collected since moving in here.

I have a dream of an organized house, but I don’t think it’s meant to be.

Clutter is actually a living entity. It will start small and insignificant and then silently grow till it takes over all your closets, rooms and finally living space. Not too long ago, there was this lady, whose apartment was completely taken over by clutter. One day a stack fell on her, killing her and she wasn't found till six months later by chance. So be careful. It might even be watching you now.

My clutter comforts me. It reminds me that even with my disability, I am a free, autonomous soul.

It reminds me that now, no one is judging me, no one is disgusted with me, no one is telling at me to clean up my mess or using physical violence to get me to conform to their ideas of visual appropriateness.

Woe to soul who comes into my space and Tsks. It is not advised.

I moved into my own Flat (what Americans call an Apartment) in August 2006 aged 30.

Clutter is actually a living entity. It will start small and insignificant and then silently grow till it takes over all your closets, rooms and finally living space. Not too long ago, there was this lady, whose apartment was completely taken over by clutter. One day a stack fell on her, killing her and she wasn't found till six months later by chance. So be careful. It might even be watching you now.
Are you referring to the Law of Kipple?

Are you referring to the Law of Kipple?

I had to look that up. Very interesting albeit alarming.

"No one can win against kipple, except temporarily and maybe in one spot, like in my apartment I've sort of created a stasis between the pressure of kipple and nonkipple, for the time being. But eventually I'll die or go away, and then the kipple will again take over. It's a universal principle operating throughout the universe; the entire universe is moving toward a final state of total, absolute kippleization." (Urban Dictionary)

New Threads

Top Bottom