• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How many of you enjoy jigsaw puzzles?

Rob

V.I.P Member
Hi - I have just finished a 500-puzzle of six golden lab puppies standing and looking out from a wire fence on a country farm.
Right now I am doing a puzzle of a cottage with a young lady feeding the geese.

With different kinds of pieces and the fun shapes they make, I find the Cobble Hill puzzles the best. They seem to have the most colorful and visually appealing themes in each of their puzzles.

Anyone else enjoy jigsaw puzzles?

I like puzzles, but smaller ones.
My favorite size is 65 to no more than 100 pieces.

I love puzzles. Especially the 3D ones. My mother found one at a garage sale when I was a kid, and I stayed up all night, listening to A Kind of Magic from the end of the first Highlander movie (literally playing the VHS over and over again) putting it together. I miss that puzzle.

I like 1000 piece puzzles. Biggest that will fit on my table. I've enjoyed puzzles since I was little and I'd work on them with my grandma. Now I work on them with my mom. My dad hates them.

Ones with unique pieces are the best, and it certainly makes them easier. Round puzzles especially. This rectangular one that my mom and I are working on right now is practically impossible. The pieces are cut into only 2 types, and are so close that they will pretty much all substitute for one another. You have to go by color alone, and the puzzle is nothing but a group of flowers.

I love puzzles. The puzzle you have completed sounds nice.

Oh! The flower puzzles with a 1000 pieces are almost impossible.

I like to complete jigsaw puzzles.

Especially the straightforward picture kind.

Not keen on puzzles like the baked beans one, those with lots of water, reflections and sea scapes and the Wasgij puzzles.

- the wasgij puzzles can be completed by assuming the perception of one of the characters in the picture.
Not the picture on the front of the box.

I once completed a 500 piece in 40 minutes. It was a cartoon type picture so visual discrimination and matching colours was quite easy.

A 1000 piece might take me a couple of days.

You can pick them up for 99 pence in charity shops here.
It’s a bit Russian- roulettey though,
Will it have pieces missing? Won’t it? :)

I've always enjoyed jigsaw puzzles. We used to do really hard ones as a family activity -- I think I remember us doing a 3000-piece puzzle once. My mother thought it was great for conversation because you could use your eyes and hands to do the puzzle and talk at the same time. I have a couple of cool 3D puzzles. The toughest one I have is a 1000-piecer of the earth taken from the moon. (1/3 moon surface, 2/3 sky and stars, Earth as big as a golf ball).

Lately, I've been doing jigsaw puzzles online. The site I use -- Jigsaw Planet -- is free and if you make a (free) account, you can save the puzzle you're working on and come back to it later. The largest puzzles they have are 300 pieces, due to the limitations of computer screens. I'm on a laptop, and the pieces are not too small. In most puzzles the pieces do not rotate, but they also have puzzles where the pieces can be rotated (more like real puzzles).

And, maybe best of all, you can make your own puzzles from graphic files. For example, here are the (few) puzzles that I've made. They have a huge library of puzzles, searchable many ways.

I haven't had a chance to get my hands on a jigsaw puzzle in quite a while, but I'm hoping to get a few soon. For me, completing a jigsaw puzzle, or a crossword puzzle is what I consider 'having fun', the way others have a night out. I'm not brilliant at puzzles, but when you're as isolated as I am, you're not gonna be picky on what activities you do.

I prefer the 250 piece puzzles, though I've done a few 1000 piece ones.

btw, nice profile pic. I had a couple of Indian ringnecks myself.

I love puzzles! I just don't have the time to do them as often though :( I got this 3D puzzle of a panda a while ago and did it. It's like those 3D bookmarks, where the image moves when you point it in different directions, except in a puzzle form. Here's a photo:

image1 (1).jpeg

I've also got a puzzle of the world and it's actually 3 dimensional and is a sphere shape and looks like a globe of the world, except in puzzle pieces! It's a tricky puzzle, but worth the result.

New Threads

Top Bottom