• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Punchr0ck3r17

So, I recently did a Google search for Autism topics, and one of the questions that popped up in the search results was "What are the 3 most common forms of Autism?" That question got me thinking.... How many different diagnoses are there that are now classified as "Autism?" I did some research and was surprised to find out that there are at least several disorders which now fall on what psychologists are calling the Autism Spectrum. It was interesting to read about how diagnostic terms have changed over the years to give people the most accurate diagnosis possible.

However, I also found myself thinking it must be confusing to try to decode all those different terms and diagnoses. I'm not sure how well I did, but I took my research and wrote a post on my blog that attempts to break down the various diagnoses that are now considered to be an Autism Spectrum Disorder. Check it out if you're curious, and if not, let me know in the comments whether you find the Autism Spectrum confusing. What do you think could be done to improve understanding? Let me know! Oh, there's a link to my personal off-site blog on my Profile.

To borrow a phrase from the computer world, "The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose from."

About the time that society begins to adopt one name, all the experts decide they need a new, better name.

You still haven't fixed the links at the top of your blog... :(
I'll read your new blog post after you fix the links.. It's like nails being dragged down a chalkboard for me now.. I can't ignore it..

I favor just calling us and everyone else that is not neurotypical, Mutants. Then once we get the robots and androids as allies start the First Mutant War. It will be a bloodless conflict if we take over all high priority logistical targets like Donut and Coffee shops all at once.

00000.jpg

So, I recently did a Google search for Autism topics, and one of the questions that popped up in the search results was "What are the 3 most common forms of Autism?" That question got me thinking.... How many different diagnoses are there that are now classified as "Autism?" I did some research and was surprised to find out that there are at least several disorders which now fall on what psychologists are calling the Autism Spectrum. It was interesting to read about how diagnostic terms have changed over the years to give people the most accurate diagnosis possible.

However, I also found myself thinking it must be confusing to try to decode all those different terms and diagnoses. I'm not sure how well I did, but I took my research and wrote a post on my blog that attempts to break down the various diagnoses that are now considered to be an Autism Spectrum Disorder. Check it out if you're curious, and if not, let me know in the comments whether you find the Autism Spectrum confusing. What do you think could be done to improve understanding? Let me know! Oh, there's a link to my personal off-site blog on my Profile.
I'm me I'm completely different from the next person so not even autism spectrum disorder is accurate psychologist that was supposedly diagnosing me said I was so close to the border it might have been borderline personality disorder so of course they put me in a little box because the world would end if I wasn't in a little box suddenly all the help that I wasn't given will be given to me in that second I don't need a label I need helpand I don't need the label because I don't want to be drugged up to the eyeballs so they don't need to consider whether it would kill me I'd like somebody to talk to not tablets

I favor just calling us and everyone else that is not neurotypical, Mutants. Then once we get the robots and androids as allies start the First Mutant War. It will be a bloodless conflict if we take over all high priority logistical targets like Donut and Coffee shops all at once.

View attachment 60308

You may be more accurate than you know. I have some pretty bad gene mutations inherited from both parents.

You may be more accurate than you know. I have some pretty bad gene mutations inherited from both parents.

Probably everyone has some in their vast genome. What seems to connect us is we have them in some specific areas of the code, although with a lot of variety. The latest study listed 120 possible mutations, but affecting similar areas.

Probably everyone has some in their vast genome. What seems to connect us is we have them in some specific areas of the code, although with a lot of variety. The latest study listed 120 possible mutations, but affecting similar areas.

I would be interested in reading this research if you have links to the article(s).

New Threads

Top Bottom