• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How legit is PlentyOfFish.com?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
I had a free account on POF.com, and last week I upgraded to a "Premium" account for £81 a year to allow me to read and respond to messages from potential date matches based on my profile.

However, Dad's concerned that a lot of dating sites are suspect, which in some cases is correct, but from what I've seen so far, POF seems to be genuine, am I right? Or should I cancel the PayPal payment for the upgrade?

Don't bother w/ Plenty of Fish; it's crap; legit, but crap

I had an account on there and some local chick who didn't like me reported my profile which got it deleted and now any other account I make gets deleted automatically within 30 to 45 mins of creation

Also the premium thing is optional

It is legit, but I would only upgrade if there is someone specific that you really want to communicate with. But you can't really trust what people say on these sites. I tried it out years ago and it didn't take long to learn that people lie.

Plenty Of Fish is no better or worse than the other dating sites out there. I've met some decent women and some not so much. It's simply another way to meet someone.

Plenty Of Fish is no better or worse than the other dating sites out there. I've met some decent women and some not so much. It's simply another way to meet someone.
No POF is worse. THe best free site is okcupid. If you can't find a woman local, do what I did and set the profile to anywhere. POF is FULL of scammers. Okcupid at least rarely has scammers.

No POF is worse. THe best free site is okcupid. If you can't find a woman local, do what I did and set the profile to anywhere. POF is FULL of scammers. Okcupid at least rarely has scammers.

I dislike OKCupid and don't think it's worth it anymore due to the fact that they screwed over their messaging system... akin to Tinder you have to have mutual likes (yourself and the person you wanna message need to have liked one another) in order to talk

I'm using PoF right now. I've had one relationship turn out from that, the most recent. Even though it didn't work out, she was a good person. All dating websites have similar issues with scammers & the like. Some are worse than others, but I think the best thing to do is put up profiles on a bunch, & then pay when you get some actual nibbles. I'm dating someone new from PoF now, & she seems flat out awesome (self described nerd girl with tattoos? Definitely my type...), but YMMV.

I found my husband on PoF! I'll forever be grateful for that site! We dated on there for like 8mo, we were in two different states. We met, lived together, and just a few months later we were hitched! We've been married since 2013! We also have a 4yr old daughter together. :) so yea don't quite PoF it definitely worked for us! Oh and hubby don't have ASD, but me and our daughter does.

Ps. Okcupid is crap. :p

Edit. Me and hubby had a free account on PoF by the way.

Any dating website has the potential to be either awful or successful. It's just a matter of luck. I met my partner on OkCupid 13 years ago, so I can't really comment. Times were a bit different back then and internet dating was somewhat frowned upon.
I'd suggest - don't pay for services unless you think it's a good one after trying it out for a while for free. Give the free ones a good try too. Maybe even look for a community / dating site where you think your interests or hobbies are more of a driving force.

I used to be on tons of different sites over the last 22 years of online dating. Probably still am but can't get in to them anymore. OK Cupid had a lot of flair.

POF is no frills which I like, since I don't want site algorithms deciding who I should prefer, that's never worked out well. And it seems to have the most members. When you're in a small area like me, you need the most selection you can get, even if a lot of it is crap you have to weed out. Only way to get the best chance of finding somebody decent. My experience is most people on there are who they say they are, more or less. Probably about the same as how I think I am, compared to how others see me. Many people on there I've seen around locally, seen them on local TV, or whatever. It's a small world.

True my dating life hasn't been that great, but if it weren't for the free and wide selection of POF, and no frills website, I'd barely have had a dating life at all.

i met two girls in there first i watched films with but she wasnt my type and the other just used me because her x broke up with her and she got sexual with me and never saw me again and used me so be careful

i met two girls in there first i watched films with but she wasnt my type and the other just used me because her x broke up with her and she got sexual with me and never saw me again and used me so be careful

Thanks for the warning, like Meat Loaf said in the UK Christmas number 1 in 1993, I'd do anything for love but I won't do "that" :D

New Threads

Top Bottom