• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How Have You Loved Yourself Today?

Mr. Stevens

V.I.P Member
So often we deal with sensory issues and other difficulties. It's easy to go through life feeling like you're just barely holding on. I think it can be good, then, to remind ourselves of ways to show ourselves love--in lighthearted and serious ways.

Today I enjoyed a walk in the sun. I made stew for myself while it rained in the morning. I also sang the Happy Days theme Gregorian chant style. All essential...to me :)

Similar to both of you above! Organized and rearranged my room, made some lovely soup, and took a walk in the rain. I like listening to the rain on the hood of my jacket. Also wrote to some wonderful forum friends.

I overindulged with lunch and I’m still full, hours later. I think I loved myself a little too much today lol

But I also love myself enough to not obsess about what my body looks like anymore. I look like I love food. So what? I do.

I am watching a dog at my friend’s house this weekend. I realized last night I left my psych meds at my house. I was able to talk another friend into driving me all the way back to my house to grab those, then back to my friend’s house. That was a bit humbling.

True. I should have made soup and sang a song instead.
Yeah I think going out, cooking and art/singing on a rainy week-end is pretty good. I should have done that, would have been better than sitting on my hands.

OK now that it's officially too late for that, I'm going to organize my place. :)

I am having a day where I dont spend any time just staring at Youtube unless I'm having a meal. It's been a bad habit for too long, that. And it doesnt help my anxiety. I'm always telling people, keep DOING things even if they're little things, so... yep, trying to really take my own advice today.

Went for a drive with my father earlier, to go for a walk, sort of. It's still cold here today, so "go for a walk" means "go to the store". So we went there and did the grocery buying and just walked around the store. And then more driving, and then back home. Meal time, and then Minecraft, which I spent like all of yesterday trying to get working (well, the controller, anyway). Today it just works for no reason, so... yeah. That's finally set up on this machine now. 20 minutes in I fell off a cliff and died, so that's off to a good start. Did that for a couple of hours.

Now, a quick checking of the forums, and then I'm gonna... er... DO something. I dont know what but dagnabit I'm gonna go find something. After I check on the dogs. They are good dogs.

Also I'm drinking a lot of water today.

By allowing myself to not be so nice today by doing a couple of April Fools Day pranks this morning, one on a family member of mine out out of state I do not like, and one too on one of my wife's family members in another country not far away who we wish would vanish forever. They both fell for it.

I got the kayak trailer out checked wheel bearings, fixed an electrical issue. Going to use it to haul our trikes and kayaks to Florida, escaping the mud season. We leave in less than a week.

Throughout my whole life I've been accused of loving myself a bit too much, but hey, one look at this face and you can't not love me. :)

I stayed up too late and didn't get enough sleep because I was having too much fun talking to nice people.

Getting ready to move so I rummaged through a lot of drawers and clothes and bagged them for donations to charity.

Because it was Saturday and there was a handy man painting the house, I went to my room and put on meditative music, listened to guided imagery and flew away on my magic carpet.

Streamed two episodes of my favorite series and cooked perogies for dinner with Rocky Road ice cream for dessert.

So often we deal with sensory issues and other difficulties. It's easy to go through life feeling like you're just barely holding on. I think it can be good, then, to remind ourselves of ways to show ourselves love--in lighthearted and serious ways.

Today I enjoyed a walk in the sun. I made stew for myself while it rained in the morning. I also sang the Happy Days theme Gregorian chant style. All essential...to me :)
I really want to hear your rendition in Gregorian chant!!

I haven't. You know I always thought that loving yourself actually kinda sounds like a euphemism for jerking off.
You know...the cynic in me agrees with you very very much. Maybe it's because of the mad mental state I was in during university, but to me the concept of 'loving one's self' meant "Oh, I have flaws and things I could change, but I don't want to because folks should accept me as who I am regardless." I mean...yes, and no. I do not love myself because of my flaws I have (autism or otherwise) or because of the things I've done.

I do not love myself, but working on accepting myself--the good and the bad--is a constant struggle. maybe I'm just so used to hating myself because of parental issues and overall self-image due to my upbringing. Granted, I'm happier now than I have been in years, but that has nothing to do with self-love.

By allowing myself to not be so nice today by doing a couple of April Fools Day pranks this morning, one on a family member of mine out out of state I do not like, and one too on one of my wife's family members in another country not far away who we wish would vanish forever. They both fell for it.
One of my favourite April fool's pranks we did was on the weekend morning of April 1st, my father was going to make an omelet and we decided to replace one of the eggs with a wooden egg. Visually one could never have told the difference, but oh to remember him getting so flustered when the egg just wouldn't break against the bowl...

New Threads

Top Bottom