• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"How Faceblindness Makes TV and Movie Watching a Hot Mess"

Many times I recognize the voices of the actors, but
can't quite tell the faces apart. Until they speak.

So if they come along in a different dress/suit/outfit,
I'm not utterly certain who it is until they say something.

my visual perception makes me already see things in an entirely different way,i see in lines and colours that merge into their shape [such as a chair] and i then struggle to process what im looking at,theres no way at looking at things as a whole for me, i have to process by each item.
people to me are the same generic lump of flesh, they all look the same to me,i see two dots for eyes but used to see eyes and the agonisingly painful power that came from them,ever since starting anti pscyhotics years ago i dont see eyes anymore or their affect-i see two murky dots that disappear after a while of looking at the face.
like the writer of that blog;dani [good blog by the way im going to bookmark it] i am face blind and relie on hair and clothing and voice to know where/who the person is,and it makes me quite anxious especially when out and theres a lot of people for them to contend with.

i also prefer cartoons as theyre easier to process the shapes into characters for me,but when the screen is very overloaded with characters i tend to see just colours which appeals to my senses and also makes me happy.

New Threads

Top Bottom