• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you want your funeral to proceed?

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Not that any of us are planning on dying anytime soon, but…..

I want a massive party with a dance floor, loud music, open bar, hell even a mirrorball. Then I want my ashes spread over everybody there while “It’s Raining Men” is playing. That is how I want to be remembered, shame the second half of that statement is kinda illegal.

Last edited:
@KagamineLen
Maybe the ashes could be distributed in little paper packets?
To be used at the discretion of your 'mourners'?

Well, since my first choice is kinda illegal, I also am thinking having my ashes made into rings for my friends to possess is a more sane option.

Jewelry or paper weights are pretty popular choices
for keeping remains of friends and relatives around.
Aesthetic choice.

Hopefully nobody will have to deal with these decisions over my body for, let’s say, another 50 years or more.

I'm not picky besides wanting to be cremated rather than buried as I would not like being under the dirt. It's hard for me to choose decorations.

I'd want a party as well. I'm sure there would be a few family members that would secretly celebrate anyway. And of course cremation, as part of our culture, we have our ashes taken on pilgrimage to our birthplace or country and scattered in the ocean. However I was also thinking of having it buried with seedling that grows into a tree somewhere in a forest.

But really... I've always thought that funerals should be more of a celebration of a life lived, with people reminiscing of that person, sharing memories, photos, videos, their likes and loves etc. Make their favorite foods, play their favorite music, etc. Maybe even a joke or two, that the person would have considered funny. And a toast at the end of it all.

In truth I don't expect one and don't know many who will come. I more or less expect to live to a very old age. And simply put don't think there will be anyone left to come. I asked to be cremated and scatter my ashes on a windy day. Let God dictate where it goes.

Ideally to be buried in some peaceful, secluded place in the forest. Give my body back to nature. But that's illegal here so probably have to do it the conventional way.

Already have mine bought and paid for.
Cremation, no funeral, probably no one will be there for the ashes going into a black marble
monument I already have set up in a cemetary here.
It has my name, birth year and an open space for the departure date to be engraved.
An angel in the clouds is carved in the center.

If anyone should be around, just put some Sunflowers on top of the rock. :sunflower:

Capsula Mundi. Organic burial pods that basically turn dead people into trees. After the tree is large enough, the cemetery attaches a plaque to the tree to memorialize you.

" This we know. The earth does not belong to man; man belongs to the earth. This we know. All things are connected like the blood which unites one family. All things are connected.

Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. Man did not weave the web of life; he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.

No, day and night cannot live together.

Our dead go to live in the earth’s sweet rivers, they return with the silent footsteps of spring, and it is their spirit, running in the wind, that ripples the surface of the ponds. "

Last edited:
I will be cremated. No funeral, no wake, no nothing. Maybe have my ashes spread on my property, if I still own it, when I die. I don't believe in a lot of fussing.

I probably sound like a downer, but I don't really care - I'll be dead, so I won't be able to participate and witness anything. I would like to either be cremated or have my body donated to science or something, though. If my organs are fine, then I would like as many as possible to be donated. Mourning or a celebration of life is more about showing support for those who lost a loved one, so I just hope that anyone who grieves my death has all the support they need.

Catholic funeral, but the old-fashioned one-- Priest wears black vestments, I go out unembalmed in an unfinished box of rough pine lumber, all the rituals, etc., in Latin. Priest faces altar ad orientem instead of facing the people.
No flowers.
No eulogy--just a plain funeral.
Everyone wears black.
Everyone gets a chance to throw dirt on the box; I didn't come into the world to be buried by a power-shovel like a broken washing machine at the landfill.

I only get to do this once, so it's gonna be Goth as possible. Hands-on 19th-century style funeral.

Then, at my place, which will no longer be my place, free booze.

I told my daughter I want to be cremated and spread over my rows of tomato plants, but she said that's gross and I have to go on the flower beds instead.

New Threads

Top Bottom