• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you sell things on Facebook?

GrownupGirl

Tempermental Artist
I'm low on money this month and I have some extra things I thought I might be able to sell, maybe on Facebook Marketplace, but I don't know how and covid 19 isn't helping. I don't have a car so I can't just bring stuff to other people if they want it, and I know they won't come to my apartment because of covid, and it said to have items delivered but I don't know how do you just mail it to people? I'll bet having to pay to deliver it will be a lot higher than whatever I sell the items for.

Restrictions in my part of the UK have lessened even 'car boot' sale or as they're known else where 'yard sales' are up and running, personal i dislike 'Face book' and social media but follow 'Tree's' link and i think most people will pick up a item if it's local to them.

Facebook Tag Sales,there all over facebook,there all also Facebook groups that specialized in selling things

If someone wants to buy something I have on Facebook, how do I send it to them?

I'm sorry I sound like a clueless boomer.

@GrownupGirl

"How do I ship the item to the buyer?

After you accept an order, ship the package using a mailing service of your choice (example: USPS, FedEx, UPS):
  • Ship the package within 3 business days, and enter the tracking info immediately (see below).
  • Use shipping services that offer tracking and delivery confirmation. You'll need to enter tracking info for the order to receive payment for that order.
  • Choose a shipping speed that ensures the buyer receives the item within 10 business days of placing the order."

How do I sell something with shipping and checkout on Marketplace? | Facebook Help Center | Facebook

I live a 5 min walk away from a supermarket. If someone buys something from me I ask them to meet me at the front door of the supermarket. That way they don't know where I live and we can meet on neutral ground.

If you want to post it just ask for their address. I put some clothes on a free page and people from down south requested them, so I asked them to pm me their address. They just paid for postage.

Are you in the UK? The Royal mail website has a size guide for parcels. Package your item up and measure it and you will find the postage amount on the website that you can charge the buyer.

I've sold lots of clothes on eBay. When they buy it eBay gives your their address once they've paid and you send it to them.

Facebook is not the best platform for selling if you can't find a way to socially distant meet. You can agree to meet at a public place near you and explain to the buyer that you don't have a car. Most people won't want to ship through Facebook Marketplace. e-bay and Amazon would be better for both the buyer and seller. More secure. A learning curve, but a bigger audience to sell to too.

Last edited:
I live a 5 min walk away from a supermarket. If someone buys something from me I ask them to meet me at the front door of the supermarket. That way they don't know where I live and we can meet on neutral ground.

If you want to post it just ask for their address. I put some clothes on a free page and people from down south requested them, so I asked them to pm me their address. They just paid for postage.

Are you in the UK? The Royal mail website has a size guide for parcels. Package your item up and measure it and you will find the postage amount on the website that you can charge the buyer.

I've sold lots of clothes on eBay. When they buy it eBay gives your their address once they've paid and you send it to them.

I live in Nova Scotia Canada, and Canada Post is often very unreliable even before Covid 19.

With shipping, always purchase delivery confirmation and consider insurance if it's not already included for selling.

New Threads

Top Bottom