• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you know where your PC bottleneck is?

grommet

How do I figure out if it is my CPU, GPU or RAM are limiting my performance? I cannot run my Valve Index VR headset at the maximum 144Hz, I am at 120Hz. When I try to use the maximum everything gets wavy. I thought it was the GPU. Do you have advice?

I'm not at all a computer or technology person, so someone else is probably better suited to answer you, but if you can find your "Task Manager" app (if you have windows) and click on the "performance" tab, you can see how much you are using those components.
1659090943872.png

You might check these three links for possible solutions/explanations. Apart from that, the manufacturer does stipulate that running at 144hz is "experimental" at best. It may not be an actual hardware "bottleneck" at all. If removing the face gasket helps...it would reflect an optical issue with the headset itself. Though there could still be other issues.

Last edited:
I'm not at all a computer or technology person, so someone else is probably better suited to answer you, but if you can find your "Task Manager" app (if you have windows) and click on the "performance" tab, you can see how much you are using those components.
View attachment 82713

I think that is an excellent idea. Set my Valve Index to 144Hz and check the performance to see which thing is working hardest. Thank you so much :)

You might check these three links for possible solutions/explanations. Apart from that, the manufacturer does stipulate that running at 144hz is "experimental" at best. It may not be an actual hardware "bottleneck" at all. If removing the face gasket helps...it would reflect an optical issue with the headset itself. Though there could still be other issues.

Oh, I did not know that. A man on the internet said he had his set to that so I thought I could but maybe it becomes all wavy because it is experimental. Thank you for the articles, I will go read them now.

New Threads

Top Bottom