• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do I get my bipolar, PDD-NOS boyfriend to fall in love with me again?

That doesn't sound like he'd be 'falling' into love with you, sounds forceful? :p

I think Ana knows you can't MAKE somebody fall in love. That's why she said any good honest ways to get her bf to fall in love with her again. The general advice for such situations is to do whatever attracted him in the first place. Sounds simple & obvious but, if you do have any ideas about that, worth trying. Have to tell us more details for more specific advice!

Where did you go on your first date? Take him there again and tell him the story of the things you did when you when there the first time. I don't know. lol

I think you guys should have some time apart first 'cause right now he just hates you and anything you do he'll see as negative.
If you leave it a couple of months(do you have that sort of time?) he'll be more objective and see what positive things you do as positive and what negative things you do as negative.
Then, just do w.e anyone here suggests but in a couple of months.
IMO.
IDK if that's just how I feel. But after several big arguments I think it's a universally good thing to take a break for a couple of months.
But I can't help if you can't wait that long 'cause he needs to help you raise your child or w.e.
I'm genuinely sorry, Ana, that you and your boyfriend have been experiencing problems btw. It must be hard :(.
EMZ=/

I haven't seen him in a year (long story) but we always talk every day.

Our "first date" was a trip across the country and involved him sneaking me across the Canada/US border. So really, that's out of the question... and he did take me to some restaurants, but we're not even together right now; we're in different countries. I could start telling him about my views on autism and how autistics are treated, which is what attracted him to me in the first place, along with the Aspie commune stuff, but I see no way we can do that right now and as to my autism opinions, he knows I'm writing a book on all that. We have aa 1-year-old son btw. He is with him down in Texas. Oh; he also fell in love with my theory about God and that and started talking about how it was similar to Taoism and then started talking all about Taoism. I still haven't read his philosophical stuff; I always planned to tho and maybe now is a good time. I hope I have time and nobody bothers me. Because it's a long document in a way but in other ways he said it shouldn't take long at all to read it several times.

Will you be able to meet again soon? That may be big factor, so I hope so! Maybe there's more of the same kind of discussion you can have with him? Hope some others here have more advice for you, too.

He says he'll only come up if I'm happier and my issues are settled and that in the meantime he'll expose Lars to positive stuff rather than my problems.

I just have a problem with my mother (a big one) and one tiny little problem with him, true, and then it will be alright. Soemtimes it takes a year to solve the problems because he gets depressed hearing about our problems too much and then he shuts down and doesn't speak at all, or he changes the subject totally. It's not his fault; he sometimes still gets depressed despite his meds (he never did get counseling, tho he had a bit of it years ago).

Hmmm... next time I see him I should wear my sexy clothes inside the house with him and put something modest inside or over it to go out... it should make him happy to see I don't expose myself to anyone but him (though I wouldn't expose myself inside the house either, unless it was jsut him there. :) I wish I had that orange shirt that he found hot, the one I was wearing the first time he saw me... but it's down in Texas at his house.

Maybe i'll talk to him about the good times we had alone together traveling across the country.

New Threads

Top Bottom