• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do I get emojis back

Streetwise

V.I.P Member
Since I stopped posting in March and then returned I no longer have emojis in the reply to posts box on this site I can't find an answer to getting them back.

Screenshot_20201205-195734.png

What device and what operating system are you working with?

What font level are you running, because it looks very large.

Yep. Have to agree with where you're going on this.

Looks like if the OP reverts their settings to show the default font, she may get back her emojis. At least that seems to be the prevailing response on Xenforo's forums.

If the emojis are proportional to fonts used, such large fonts may not support the emoji feature. No telling whether the use of third-party add-ons with a mobile device may be involved as well.

"Revert to a completely default style, with all custom JS removed, and disable all add-ons."

XF 2.1 - My emojis disappeared!

Last edited:
On a Windows based PC, this is what I see with a reply box:
reply box PC.JPG

I will further investigate this with an Android operating system as soon as possible.
It has been my former experience with my Android portable devices that many of the PC functions are not available on a mobile platform.
I no longer use my portables to access this forum as a result of that.
Has your OS been recently updated?

On a Windows based PC, this is what I see with a reply box:
View attachment 65132
I will further investigate this with an Android operating system as soon as possible.
It has been my former experience with my Android portable devices that many of the PC functions are not available on a mobile platform.
I no longer use my portables to access this forum as a result of that.
Has your OS been recently updated?
It did it (updated)as soon as I turned it on, this is a new tablet !,but it happened with the iPad ,another two Android tablets as well ,it just disappeared .months ago ,I did everything I could find nothing worked ,my memory is terrible now takes at 4 or 5 reads before I manage anything

It did it (updated)as soon as I turned it on, this is a new tablet !,but it happened with the iPad ,another two Android tablets as well ,it just disappeared .months ago ,I did everything I could find nothing worked ,my memory is terrible now takes at 4 or 5 reads before I manage anything
Please be patient, I have thoroughly investigated your settings from my end to no avail and I'm still working with this.

Please be patient, I have thoroughly investigated your settings from my end to no avail and I'm still working with this.
I wasn't being impatient and I find you rude to say that I was trying to be thoroughly accurate saving time

@Streetwise

I believe you have mistaken the intention behind the words "Please be patient..."

I don't see rudeness in the use of the words.

To me that looks like an attempt to assure the person they were directed toward (you).
Assure that person (you), that although the reason for the lack of access to emojis is not
understandable and rectifiable yet, with continued effort and clear communication,
it may be possible to work out a solution.

I wasn't being impatient and I find you rude to say that I was trying to be thoroughly accurate saving time
I think you misunderstood that my message was just to let you know that I hadn't forgotten about your issue.
I am still trying to find a resolution to your present issue of no longer having access to your emojis.

It has been my former experience with my Android portable devices that many of the PC functions are not available on a mobile platform. I no longer use my portables to access this forum as a result of that.

Yeah. This is a critical thing to consider. The fact the Xenforo retreated from cross-browser compliance when it comes to mobile platforms. And apart from Xenforo opting not to support all of its features to other mobile operating systems, you have to also consider what can occasionally happen when such an operating system (like Android or IPhone) and their browser are routinely updated.

When a particular function may temporarily or otherwise no longer work at all. An issue I know well, as periodically my browser gets updated leaving my anti-virus/security extensions no longer functioning properly. Where it takes a few days or more to fix. -It happens.

I suspect most users take for granted that so many independently developed products just all somehow manage to work in perfect synchronization all the time. It just ain't true. The reality is that a single update, whether as a result of the operating system, browser or forum can cause some real problems. Where it may take developers time to rectify, provided they choose to do so.

And in this instance, we know that Xenforo isn't too concerned about the functionality of their product when it comes to mobile devices. That someone may find a fix or workaround for a problem, while in other instances there may be no solution at all. Especially if it's not considered a high priority by developers.

So yeah, if there is a solution it may take some time to figure out.

Last edited:
I speak English English the use of please be patient is different when used in this context it's like stop bothering me .

New Threads

Top Bottom