• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do I convince my 8 year old sister to remain cute?

Ephraim Becker

V.I.P Member
My 8 year old sister, who I call Cutie, used to be so so cute 5 years ago. She is still cute but the problem is that she's trying to hide it. I say to Cutie "Don't worry, Cutie! You're still cute!" and she responded back "I don't want to be cute". Other times she ignores me completely. Is there any way that I can convince Cutie to remain being cute?

No. In fact, the more you try, the more she is likely to resist. This is just her growing as an individual. Tell her she is beautiful to you no matter what 'look' she embraces.

Has she indicated how she would prefer to be regarded?
What would she rather be considered, if not 'cute'?

Has she indicated how she would prefer to be regarded?
What would she rather be considered, if not 'cute'?
By her boring normal real name. I need to convince Cutie to remain cute before this "maturity syndrome" overtakes her.

why? why do adults do this? Here's my advice, STOP IT. Start treating her like a person, instead of an extension of your ego. If she wants to be called by her name, then do it.

why? why do adults do this? Here's my advice, STOP IT. Start treating her like a person, instead of an extension of your ego. If she wants to be called by her name, then do it.
Social Workers try getting immature people to mature. Why can't I stop Cutie from maturing just like Social Workers are trying to make immature people mature?

It's immoral. But whatever, do what you want, since it's clear that you are going to do that anyway. She'll resent you for it, but I guess what you want is most important.

Would you like it if someone tried to force their ideas onto you? Please let her develop on her own. There is nothing in this with the potential for harm other than your insistence on her being 'cute'.

If you think the social workers are wrong, then why is it right for you to do the same to your sister? Example: Just because someone thinks it is right to hit me and does so, does not mean it is right for me to think it is OK to hit other people in kind. If you would not be treated a certain way, do not do it unto others! That goes regardless of what others do to you. Please remember this. It will serve you well.

If you think the social workers are wrong, then why is it right for you to do the same to your sister? Example: Just because someone thinks it is right to hit me and does so, does not mean it is right for me to think it is OK to hit other people in kind. If you would not be treated a certain way, do not do it unto others! That goes regardless of what others do to you. Please remember this. It will serve you well.
So I can prove a point to people.

Don't. You can give her guidance, but in the end let her choose who she wants to be.... it's her life and her lessons to learn along the way. Even if you have the best intentions, you don't get to decide who a person is going to be. All you can give is guidance in the end.

Lol this feels like a fake person to me. And if they are real, then they have no insight into whatever is going on in their life. If you do not like your social worker than try to find a way to complain or state your opinion. Try to find a way to fix it instead of hurting other people.

1. Stop trying to force your sister to be a way that only pleases you. You are NO BETTER THAN SOCIAL WORKERS if you do exactly what they're doing.
2. Stop stereotyping autistic people. Yes, we WOULD say something like that if we wanted to. Our ASD does NOT prevent us from saying certain things. We are all different with our own thoughts and we are NOT robots.
You're either a troll, or a horribly bigoted person. Either way, give your sister my condolences.

New Threads

Top Bottom