• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How about a Sports sub-forum?

Should Autism Forums add a Sports sub-forum to the Hobbies section?

• Yes

• No

• I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
It always irks me when someone uses "sports" to refer to watching team spectator sports. A realize there are probably 100 people watching sports for every person playing a sport. In my mind, only the person playing the sport is into "sports" and the others are "spectator sport fans". There, I had my curmudgeonly rant for today :D.

Here is my sports cheer,...!
Sports Buff
full

You Will Suffer Humiliation When The Sports Team From My Area Defeats The Sports Team From Your Area

Last edited:
It always irks me when someone uses "sports" to refer to watching team spectator sports. A realize there are probably 100 people watching sports for every person playing a sport. In my mind, only the person playing the sport is into "sports" and the others are "spectator sport fans". There, I had my curmudgeonly rant for today :D.

I agree. Most autistic people have no interest at all in "spectator" sports but I do know that a lot of autistic people are into "participating" sports. So having a sports forum that covers "participation" sports might not be a bad idea.

Again opt in would be better like subscription tv then I could opt out
Suggestion only
Opt out
Video games
Anime
Coding and building computers
Atheism(including evolution)

I like some sports. I told a very intellectual friend that I like a certain team which my family has liked for FOUR GENERATIONS and he looked down his nose and said, "Well don't tell anybody." When I asked why he said intellectuals don't like sports. Ummmmmmm. I found that rather idiotic for a "smart" person.

So a lot of Aspies think only dumb aspies like sports and I would like a forum so we can discuss sports and why we like them and put our aspie spin on that.

After all, we may like sports in a different way than NTs OR ELSE it may be the same which might be a beautiful bridge between us and NTs! In fact, I heard a lecture which stated that studies show you can get two people who hate each other because they are of a different race or religion and they find they are like the same teams-------BESTIES!!!!! Not kidding.

The famous Christmas Truce is one example of this and it took threats of execution of treason to get those guys into the mindset of killing each other senselessly after they had played soccer together. Very sad -----humans are so strange.

Sports are good, not what it use to be since the Great World Reset has happened.

Sports without spectators just isn’t the same. What’s the point?

I miss watching sports, use to be on a soft ball team and loved it (catcher) but now we play Chess, nobody gets hurt lol.

Can’t we start threads on sports or would they get cut out if someone on the internet made a comment after the articles on sports are posted - It may just trigger someone since sports can be dangerous and we cannot control what others are doing.

This is my fear, scared to death of a trigger so no, don’t think it’s a good idea and my vote was no. I like the OP, but do not think the whole sports thing would be “safe”.

It’s the whole trigger thing, too risky!

I voted yes because it's a good idea. I don't think sports is particularly triggering, we had a whole thread on sports recently and no one mentioned being triggered. Lots of us said we either did some sports or watched sports for enjoyment. Sorry to hear you have worries about this, though, @ForestGumpett , but I wouldn't think there's a big risk here. Not like politics nor religion, anyway.

Especially ice skating. I’m always in fear of someone’s body parts being cut off if they fall. The skates look like fast moving knives to me, nerve wracking! Like a bunch of Freddy Krueger’s all over the ice in boots just cutting with those sharp skates. Just horrible! :(

Especially ice skating. I’m always in fear of someone’s body parts being cut off if they fall. The skates look like fast moving knives to me, nerve wracking! Like a bunch of Freddy Krueger’s all over the ice in boots just cutting with those sharp skates. Just horrible! :(

Ya! That very nightmare you speak of just happened to Jessica Dube.
Received an accidental kick to the face by another skater.

I enjoy a couple of sports, and for years I was a moderator on a well known sports streaming forum. They can be volatile, conflict is almost inevitable, but great bonding, friendship and fun also abounds.

I like some sports. I told a very intellectual friend that I like a certain team which my family has liked for FOUR GENERATIONS and he looked down his nose and said, "Well don't tell anybody." When I asked why he said intellectuals don't like sports. Ummmmmmm. I found that rather idiotic for a "smart" person.

So a lot of Aspies think only dumb aspies like sports and I would like a forum so we can discuss sports and why we like them and put our aspie spin on that.

After all, we may like sports in a different way than NTs OR ELSE it may be the same which might be a beautiful bridge between us and NTs! In fact, I heard a lecture which stated that studies show you can get two people who hate each other because they are of a different race or religion and they find they are like the same teams-------BESTIES!!!!! Not kidding.

The famous Christmas Truce is one example of this and it took threats of execution of treason to get those guys into the mindset of killing each other senselessly after they had played soccer together. Very sad -----humans are so strange.
Frankly unless you're British youd have no understanding of the problem Germans cause ,end comment move discussion to politics

Frankly unless you're British youd have no understanding of the problem Germans cause ,end comment move discussion to politics
Might be risky, but I'm British and I'm not clear on what you meant? Unless you mean penalty shootouts lol

I think someone just demonstrated why this suggestion isn't likely to fly with our host. :p

Since a Sports sub-forum may not get enough traffic to warrant its creation, how about a Sports & Fitness sub-forum for spectator sports AND personal fitness pursuits like diets & exercise...?

Or
Hobbies, Interests & Entertainment > Sports & Fitness
> Health & Fitness
> Spectator Sports (Opt-In*)​

*The "Opt-In" is so it won't show up in recent threads, if opted out.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom