• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hours got cut at my job.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
As much as I really want to take it personally, I know that I cannot - most people got their hours cut at my place of employment this week. My employer’s funding got slashed a bit.

I really do not want to go job hunting again, but I fear that I must endure that pain in the ass once more. A part of me is tempted to stay home and play video games while living off cheap Korean ramen, but that is just the lazy part of me speaking. If I want to keep smoking weed on top of everything else, I have to find a different job, plain and simple.’

The thing is, it still is legal to test for 420 in the job market even though smoking it is legal in my state. Which I think is BS. Bleh.

I think drug testing in general is an invasion of privacy unless you get injured on the job. What you do at home should be of no concern to your employer. Especially in your case if it's legal in your state. I think the feds are going to jump onto the bandwagon really quick now that they see how much money it brings in, so hopefully in the near future it will be totally legal, as I think it should be.
Sorry about your job, I hope you can find something better soon.

Read Jesse Ventura's Marijuana Manifesto, covers this and a lot more. Excellent book.Skyhorse publishing inc

Sorry to hear this. You'd think by this point weed is the last drug employers would worry about. I know it's still illegal federally but shouldn't be reason for someone to lose their job.

New Threads

Top Bottom