• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Horse Racing

mikkyh

Sorry but it's just so ridiculous.

I eat meat. I'm not a vegetarian...but racing these poor horses is just stupid. If they get injured doing these pointless races for gambling wasters and/or posh snobs they get shot and put down.

Grr :(

It's so sad. Poor creatures.

and actually, shooting them is the most efficient and painless option for putting them down, and if you have seen the shotgun slug (one of the old ways)used to do it(i saw one in ireland), it dont **** around

Shooting them is NOT the most efficient or painless way to kill them, and they do NOT only get put down when they can't recover. You clearly don't know anything about horses or raacing.

There is nothing wrong with racing itself. The horses LOVE to run and they love to compete, it's in their nature. The crop doesn't really hurt them. Their hide is so thick they barely feel it, the reason they react to it is because the sound startles them-- even though they know damn well what it is and that it's not going to hurt them. In a racing situation their adrenaline is pumping so hard I doubt they are even aware of it.

The problem is that when horses are sick or injured, they are pumped full of drugs and forced to race anyway and it hurts them worse. They will give them so much bute, which is like horse aspirin, that they get stomach ulcers and just keep pushing and pushing until their legs break or they stop winning. And too many of the horses are treated like machines without emotions or needs, and if they get retired from the track before they die they are batshit insane from it all.

My family are hunter jumpers, so we get horses "off the track" sometimes and they are nearly impossible to train because they are all half mindless by the time they get out of racing. They are treated like money machines instead of living things.

New Threads

Top Bottom