• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Horrible, severe, life altering problem that never ends

Jumpback

I’m very hesitant to mention this problem because it always irritates everyone and turns people against me, but I am at the end of my rope

When I was a kid, I hardly ever interacted with other kids, because I just was not interested in things most of them were doing. By the time I got to junior high this turned into bullying, like getting books knocked out of my hands and then things like spitballs and being hit in the head in high school. I had a nervous breakdown over this when I was about 15 and psych thought I had OCD since I was doing a lot of hand washing to calm myself down. As a muscular and athletic guy, it wasn’t like I couldn’t fight bullies, it’s just that I found all this very confusing and didn’t know how to react.

The only kid I saw getting harassed as much as I did was this very strange black kid, who was obviously gay. He not only had the misfortune of being the only black kid in my school, but he was also very, very obviously gay and extremely effeminate.

So, despite all this, I get the highest ACT score in my graduating class and go off to college in the big city, which also resulted in a lot of freaking out and me acting badly toward my nice parents over this change.

So when I get to the city, I feel this natural affinity towards oppressed minorities and gravitate towards liberal people. My first girlfriends best friend is this very flamboyant black gay guy, and he seems determined to conquest me. But I keep fighting him off, and don’t take this seriously, because he is an oppressed victim like me. But then one time I get drunk at this party and this guy and his boyfriend sexually assault me. But then when this happens, the initial reactions are like I was cheating with my girlfriend with a gay couple, then my super gay advocate friend ignores this, then I get assigned gay, gay advocate at university counseling and he seems to ignore this. Then I go see liberal gay advocate female psychs and they keep asking questions about whether I am gay or have repressed feelings or whatever. I eventually hospitalize myself and still no interest that a sexual assault had occurred, but now I my brain is malformed or something and so on, so my self confidence is shot

But this is just the beginning of this stupidity. I get somewhat better and this Hispanic immigrant student keeps wanting to talk to me all the time at this security job I work at. Then he tells me his gay roommates have kicked him out and he needs a place to stay. I tell him that I want no more gay things because I suspect that he might be gay, but he tells me all about his story where as a kid in Nicaragua his older male cousin sexually assaulted or raped him and his mother caught one of these times and yelled at both of them, and that he is not gay but a victim of things like I am. So I feel sorry for him and we become roommates, but then he is in love with me and eliminates women I might be interested in and gets dubi and tries to get at me and so on

So, I eventually live by myself and try to figure out the history of the world as it relates to gay things, because this is what I do. And I accomplished this

So then after years of living alone and solving all these things from the past, I decide that I should trade very complex options on furiteres on mainly the S&P 500 and I move in with someone I knew from college who was a genius in different ways from me, having graduated with 2 degrees with close to a perfect grade average two years too quickly, so we could trade stocks. But then, he too has decided he was made gay by developing schizophrenia in his 20s. Then he commits suicide, making me homeless

Like I am now 8 years into trying to sell things online so I can trade stocks, but reality has left me with needing to move things and move things and move things and accusations for my hatred of gays and delusions and obsessions and my ex-gf is gone because trying to explain storage units sounds like dangerous homophobic hate and maybe my obsessions and why I might be a danger to her and might attack her and on and on and on. And still the underlying problems about why Inam like this, have still not even been even addressed 28 years after the start of all this because everything sounds like impossible excuses or homophobic hatred or evidence of my repressed homosexuality or evidence of my brain malfunctioning or as evidence of secret things that I am up to and on and on and on

It’s like I just most likely have some sort of high functioning autism, but with this crazy sensitive subject in the middle, things that should have been nothing to address when I was 21 (I am 48 now) have still never even been begun to being addressed

I’m very hesitant to mention this problem because it always irritates everyone and turns people against me, but I am at the end of my rope

When I was a kid, I hardly ever interacted with other kids, because I just was not interested in things most of them were doing. By the time I got to junior high this turned into bullying, like getting books knocked out of my hands and then things like spitballs and being hit in the head in high school. I had a nervous breakdown over this when I was about 15 and psych thought I had OCD since I was doing a lot of hand washing to calm myself down. As a muscular and athletic guy, it wasn’t like I couldn’t fight bullies, it’s just that I found all this very confusing and didn’t know how to react.

The only kid I saw getting harassed as much as I did was this very strange black kid, who was obviously gay. He not only had the misfortune of being the only black kid in my school, but he was also very, very obviously gay and extremely effeminate.

So, despite all this, I get the highest ACT score in my graduating class and go off to college in the big city, which also resulted in a lot of freaking out and me acting badly toward my nice parents over this change.

So when I get to the city, I feel this natural affinity towards oppressed minorities and gravitate towards liberal people. My first girlfriends best friend is this very flamboyant black gay guy, and he seems determined to conquest me. But I keep fighting him off, and don’t take this seriously, because he is an oppressed victim like me. But then one time I get drunk at this party and this guy and his boyfriend sexually assault me. But then when this happens, the initial reactions are like I was cheating with my girlfriend with a gay couple, then my super gay advocate friend ignores this, then I get assigned gay, gay advocate at university counseling and he seems to ignore this. Then I go see liberal gay advocate female psychs and they keep asking questions about whether I am gay or have repressed feelings or whatever. I eventually hospitalize myself and still no interest that a sexual assault had occurred, but now I my brain is malformed or something and so on, so my self confidence is shot

But this is just the beginning of this stupidity. I get somewhat better and this Hispanic immigrant student keeps wanting to talk to me all the time at this security job I work at. Then he tells me his gay roommates have kicked him out and he needs a place to stay. I tell him that I want no more gay things because I suspect that he might be gay, but he tells me all about his story where as a kid in Nicaragua his older male cousin sexually assaulted or raped him and his mother caught one of these times and yelled at both of them, and that he is not gay but a victim of things like I am. So I feel sorry for him and we become roommates, but then he is in love with me and eliminates women I might be interested in and gets dubi and tries to get at me and so on

So, I eventually live by myself and try to figure out the history of the world as it relates to gay things, because this is what I do. And I accomplished this

So then after years of living alone and solving all these things from the past, I decide that I should trade very complex options on furiteres on mainly the S&P 500 and I move in with someone I knew from college who was a genius in different ways from me, having graduated with 2 degrees with close to a perfect grade average two years too quickly, so we could trade stocks. But then, he too has decided he was made gay by developing schizophrenia in his 20s. Then he commits suicide, making me homeless

Like I am now 8 years into trying to sell things online so I can trade stocks, but reality has left me with needing to move things and move things and move things and accusations for my hatred of gays and delusions and obsessions and my ex-gf is gone because trying to explain storage units sounds like dangerous homophobic hate and maybe my obsessions and why I might be a danger to her and might attack her and on and on and on. And still the underlying problems about why Inam like this, have still not even been even addressed 28 years after the start of all this because everything sounds like impossible excuses or homophobic hatred or evidence of my repressed homosexuality or evidence of my brain malfunctioning or as evidence of secret things that I am up to and on and on and on

It’s like I just most likely have some sort of high functioning autism, but with this crazy sensitive subject in the middle, things that should have been nothing to address when I was 21 (I am 48 now) have still never even been begun to being addressed

It’s like people actually are all lying hypocrites. Not really different from when I went to a rural high school and when I was dealing with gay advocates after being sexually assaulted. Both of these are being bullied for being different or inconvenient or being a threat to the power structure to me.

It’s like I get what I was supposed to do in hindsight, but it just still seems like a lot of playing dumb and lying and sucking up to the powers that be and so on.

It’s like if the problem seems to be X, I look up everything and solve it. If the problem seems to be Y, I look up everything and solve it

It’s a complete, absolute, unimaginable horror to be stuck with this same dumbass problem for 27 years and counting. Things about gays and transgenders and so on are just not a logical problem, the are a political problem. But when I see a problem, I want to look it up and solve it, even if it involves becoming an expert on the history of the ancient world or whatever, I become an expert on the history of the ancient world. I just get obsessed with figuring out the problem and solving it, but there is no problem to be solved because it’s just a political debate. Like even if I figure things out enough to write 7 PhD level papers on the subject and give a very fair explanation, both sides are going to attack me or something. It’s really the absolute worst possible problem to be stuck with.

Like, seriously, try right now even talking about whether or not there are 100 different genders and try solving this without getting attached from some direction

But the thing is that these are not just philosophical debates, these things have dominated my life from the ages of 21 to 48 and there is not any hope that this will ever end. There is just no logical escape from this subject, no matter what is said, there is going to be extreme reactions from some side.

Get some counseling as soon as you can. A good counselor can help you sort out these problems so that you can find ways to stand up for yourself when you need to.

Sounds like people have been trying to take advantage of your weaknesses because they can see that.

Maybe finding an aspie support group if you can would be good to. They are all meeting remotely if they are meeting. So, if there is a group that is normally too far away that you would otherwise go to, start with those first.

Can you back off the thoughts that are confusing to you? Can you decide what your orientation is presently? Is this a stumbling block for you? What feelings are really stopping you from feeling okay about yourself?

Are you ready for therapy? This will force all those things you need to talk about in a safe non-judemental environment.

I am thoroughly confused. Can you, or someone, state briefly what the problem is? Or is the problem being fed up with so many bad experiences? Or something to do with gay people? That you're tired of dealing with them? I'll just stop guessing.

One thing I do know, if you're consistently encountering the same problem in your life, it's you.

I am thoroughly confused. Can you, or someone, state briefly what the problem is? Or is the problem being fed up with so many bad experiences? Or something to do with gay people? That you're tired of dealing with them? I'll just stop guessing.

One thing I do know, if you're consistently encountering the same problem in your life, it's you.

The problem is that my actual experiences sound like homophobic hate so people don’t believe me and punish me and so on.

Like seriously, try talking to gay advocate psychs as a straight white guy about trauma from minority gay couple sexually assaulting, then this partially crippled guy sexually assaulting, then this closeted boss sexually assaulting, then being roommates with an Hispanic immigrant who feels like he was made gay by childhood rape, then other rooommate who also is an immigrant who was made gay by developing schizophrenia

I have actual real problems, like I am drinking myself to death, I have severe anxiety, something like severe adhd, but if I go see a psych and try to explain to get help, there ends up being them being extremely upset with me and a giant argument or some idea that Injust have delusions and am filled with hate or the only real problem is my repressed homosexuality or something

But I have no repressed homosexuality or hatred of gays and I don’t know why these things keep happening, I seriously need help because I cannot do things that others can do and have something very wrong with me, but everything turns into a debate or judgement about me and things go no where, because my real life issues just sound too unlikely or offensive

Can you back off the thoughts that are confusing to you? Can you decide what your orientation is presently? Is this a stumbling block for you? What feelings are really stopping you from feeling okay about yourself?

Are you ready for therapy? This will force all those things you need to talk about in a safe non-judemental environment.

But see, nothing is confusing to me. I am a straight guy who keeps getting sexually assaulted or having my life messed up by gays interested in me. I don’t know why this is. I used to be involved in bodybuilding. I think maybe my having autistic traits might make me more attractive to gay men than to women. I live in a city and was in a location which is a destination for gay men from all over the state. I was very socially naive.

But I can’t see psychs for the same reason that I mentioned to last poster. I start saying things that sound like homophobic hate, even though they are just my life’s experiences, and I am always talking to a gay advocate liberal person and there is a giant argument involving my non existent repressed something or hate something and things never get to real issues such as why I am so damn strange

Get some counseling as soon as you can. A good counselor can help you sort out these problems so that you can find ways to stand up for yourself when you need to.

Sounds like people have been trying to take advantage of your weaknesses because they can see that.

Maybe finding an aspie support group if you can would be good to. They are all meeting remotely if they are meeting. So, if there is a group that is normally too far away that you would otherwise go to, start with those first.

Thanks, I can’t see counselors for the reasons I told last two posters. It always only results in an argument about my repressed something and hate something and everyone is mad and I am far worse for trying to get help

It really would be nice to sort of be around my own kind. I am really strange in a way. I very, very strongly associate with some autism traits and others not really. I am not a tech type, but I can become an expert on anything pretty quickly, but just in kind of a backwards way. It’s like I see the forest but not the trees. Like something triggers my interest and I start researching ancient summarian things as they relate to ancient Egypt or something and I become incredibly obsessed with this. I don’t know why.

Lol, you remind me of me when I was younger, except i'm female - too naive, too empathetic, too kind and interested in philosophy. Mum used to say of me ' they see ya coming', lol.

mm these days I stay out of any ideological debates, it's pointless.

You have to try and be more selfish, everyone else is, and people don't always want help, so don't go there. I don't try and mix a lot socially, it took a long time but I can afford to own a modest property now, so I live alone.

Have you read Candide? you might relate to it.

It's actually a great story, your story, it made me laugh and you tell it well. You haven't had a dull life, but maybe now you should cultivate one?

Last edited:
So you are talked over, talk down when you try to assert that you are straight male and you had to deal with male sexual assault which has caused you PTSD and makes all relationships rather anxiety causing? Is that a fairer representation of what you are saying?

Lol, you remind me of me when I was younger, except i'm female - too naive, too empathetic, too kind and interested in philosophy. Mum used to say of me ' they see ya coming', lol.

mm these days I stay out of any ideological debates, it's pointless.

You have to try and be more selfish, everyone else is, and people don't always want help, so don't go there. I don't try and mix a lot socially, it took a long time but I can afford to own a modest property now, so I live alone.

Have you read Candide? you might relate to it.

It's actually a great story, your story, it made me laugh and you tell it well. You haven't had a dull life, but maybe now you should cultivate one?

I should read Candide, for awhile I was interested in Voltaire and this "all is for the best" message and just how powerful this is.

People usually seem to believe that they are in the best of places in the best of times and that the social messages their society pushes are the ultimate best thing ever. It's kind of funny how things work. Like wrist watches were invented in the earlier 19th century, but they were mainly for women until the start of WWI. Like a guy wearing a wrist watch was a freak. But then WWI started and guys had to sit in trenches and time attacks and it took a whole 10 years to turn men wearing wrist watches from freaks into a normal guy, and guys carrying around pocket watches from normal guys into freaks

I should read Candide, for awhile I was interested in Voltaire and this "all is for the best" message and just how powerful this is.

People usually seem to believe that they are in the best of places in the best of times and that the social messages their society pushes are the ultimate best thing ever. It's kind of funny how things works

Yeah, I think the modern day ideological version of that is sometimes known as ' the hero's journey' which is something you see a lot of ideological warriors embarked upon. There's some debunkings of the hero's journey false meme around, which may help you, but I couldn't point you to one, cos I didn't bookmark it. In short, ' don' t be a hero ' might be a useful concept for you? But...I could be wrong.

Last edited:
So you are talked over, talk down when you try to assert that you are straight male and you had to deal with male sexual assault which has caused you PTSD and makes all relationships rather anxiety causing? Is that a fairer representation of what you are saying?

The issue with this subject is massive. Like I went to a small high school in the country where I scored higher than everyone else on college entrance exams fir some reason, despite dealing with severe bullying from the ages of 12-16 (for some reason I was left alone my senior year of high school when I was 17).

I am just not lying about anything I have said or making assertions or hatred of gays or have repressed something or secret somethings, or whatever else. The problem is that other people assume other things. I do not lie. I might exaggerate, but I never lie.

This is not even my argument or by thing else. I just got bullied in junior high/high school in a rural school and this turned me very very liberal and then gays behaved badly and a gay couple sexually assaulted me and so on and so on. The problem is that other people think that there must be some secret thing driving everything, especially repressed homosexuality or hatred of gays or delusions or something. But these problems just do not exist, they are not me. I just got harassed in school and this led me to feel sympathy for gay minotities and then gay minorities behaved badly, which highly upset people around me. There is one secret something. To me it would be like if woman gets ganged up on for dressing sexy and causing sexual assaults. Like if I actually hated gays or anything, but I don't. It's just something like people or maybe neurotypicals searching and searching and blaming and blaming and accusing and accusing for some problem that just does not exist

I think you may have PTSD from being assaulted. The good news is the most effective treatment for it is CBT which you can do on your own without a therapist using self-help books.

The best book I found for overcoming trauma is "The PTSD Workbook: Simple, Effective Techniques for Overcoming Traumatic Stress Symptoms." https://www.amazon.com/PTSD-Workboo...s=ptsd+workbook&qid=1589246689&s=books&sr=1-3

It's helpful for overcoming any trauma regardless of whether you meet criteria for PTSD

Last edited:
Yeah, I think the modern day ideological version of that is sometimes known as ' the hero's journey' which is something you see a lot of ideological warriors embarked upon. There's some debunkings of the hero's journey false meme around, which may help you, but I couldn't point you to one, cos I didn't bookmark it. In short, ' don' t be a hero ' might be a useful concept for you? But...I could be wrong.

Yeah, I think this sounds like good advice. I'm not trying to be hero or something, I just see things as illogical and argue against them. Didn't "Candide" invoke a priest falling in love with a nun or something? Maybe another way to phrase what you are saying is just kind of like 'do not question' or do not upset the majority or something and just go along with ideas that others have decided are accurate and fantastic and do not dare question and upset the status quo.

Like my memory of Candide involving a priest and a nun might be wrong, but my wrong memory might have some logic. Like what good is it going to do for a priest in love with a nun to try to convince other people of his logic. Like just keep your mouth shut and accept that there is nothing you can do, even if you know more than other people

I think you may have PTSD from being assaulted. The good news is the most effective treatment for it is CBT which you can do on your own without a therapist using self-help books.

The best book I found for overcoming trauma is "The PTSD Workbook: Simple, Effective Techniques for Overcoming Traumatic Stress Symptoms." https://www.amazon.com/PTSD-Workboo...s=ptsd+workbook&qid=1589246689&s=books&sr=1-3

It's helpful for overcoming any trauma regardless of whether you meet criteria for PTSD

It might be that the issue is PTSD but it isn't really from being sexually assaulted, it's from other people finding secret things in this, like I must really be upset because I have repressed homosexuality or that I might hate gays or I might have been cheating with a gay couple or that I might have things wrong with my brain.

Like things I said are just honest, I got harassed a lot and felt special sympathy for oppressed minorities and this gay guy wouldn't stop sexually harassing me and he eventually brought along his boyfriend and they sexually assaulted me after I had been drinking. I am not confused about what happened but other people add in all sorts of things like my repressed homosexuality or hatred of gays and cheating with gay couple and my brain being misformed

All that happened was a sexual assault.

And I still felt sympathy for the criminals because my girlfriends gay friend had serious issues. He talked about being suicidal, he clearly has some drive to convince straight men to have sex with him to feel okay about being gay. He was a basket case and I felt bad for him

But when him and his boyfriend sexually assaulted me this was just a crime, and I no longer cared about his issues and I just wanted a crime to be treated like a criminal act, but it was not. I must be cheating with gay couple or have repressed homophobia or have dangerous right wing hate or being angry might make myself a danger to myself and others and my brain might be misformed or something.

I just do not know how to make what happened to be any different. A gay couple sexually assaulted me and this was a crime, there was no secret anything, that's just all that happened. But other people get hell bent on finding out what the real, actual issue is and this messes up my head and takes away a chance for help with real issues I have

It might be that the issue is PTSD but it isn't really from being sexually assaulted, it's from other people finding secret things in this, like I must really be upset because I have repressed homosexuality or that I might hate gays or I might have been cheating with a gay couple or that I might have things wrong with my brain.

Like things I said are just honest, I got harassed a lot and felt special sympathy for oppressed minorities and this gay guy wouldn't stop sexually harassing me and he eventually brought along his boyfriend and they sexually assaulted me after I had been drinking. I am not confused about what happened but other people add in all sorts of things like my repressed homosexuality or hatred of gays and cheating with gay couple and my brain being misformed

All that happened was a sexual assault.

And I still felt sympathy for the criminals because my girlfriends gay friend had serious issues. He talked about being suicidal, he clearly has some drive to convince straight men to have sex with him to feel okay about being gay. He was a basket case and I felt bad for him

But when him and his boyfriend sexually assaulted me this was just a crime, and I no longer cared about his issues and I just wanted a crime to be treated like a criminal act, but it was not. I must be cheating with gay couple or have repressed homophobia or have dangerous right wing hate or being angry might make myself a danger to myself and others and my brain might be misformed or something.

I just do not know how to make what happened to be any different. A gay couple sexually assaulted me and this was a crime, there was no secret anything, that's just all that happened. But other people get hell bent on finding out what the real, actual issue is and this messes up my head and takes away a chance for help with real issues I have

Our current society is trained to decide what really happened every day - look at all the articles published on every day events for people to take sides, depending on what THEY believe actually happened. That's what they want us to do and that's what we do with everything now, and that's what is being done to you. It's not right.

I got suspended for a week in first grade. I am very sensitive to fragrances, and when I was a little aspie, there was a girl in my class who wore a lot of perfume and it made me feel queasy. The smell was so strong it would overwhelm me and I'd black out and shut down mentally. I was in the lunch room and I couldn't sit down because the only seat was next to her.

The teacher wanted to know why I was standing there with my lunch tray in my hand and staring at the wall. I said "Because I can't sit by the stinky girl, she makes me sick". The teacher asked "Which girl?" I said, "The black girl over there." I didn't mean anything bullying or racist by it. The other girl was really popular and I was a loner.

The teacher got so offended that she took me straight to the principal's office and my parents had to come get me. She told them that I said that I wouldn't sit next to a black girl because black girls smell bad.

OF COURSE I DIDN'T SAY THAT!!!!! It was shocking, because I was little and I didn't understand that kind of stuff. I just was friends with everyone. I told the story to my parents and they understood. My dad said, "Well, at least you got a week out of school out of it." But I could see that they were very angry at the teacher.

Sometimes Political Correctness goes too far, and when you're trying to get little kids, who just play together and don't see race, to operate on the level of a more aware teen or adult, someone's bound to get hurt.

Yeah, I think you might see what I am talking about. Like political correctness adds in all these secret social cues where you have to be dishonest or say things just so to not be offensive. But it gets ridiculous. Like I was on gays side because I was liberal, I'm sure you meant no racism for trying to describe person whose overuse of perfume bothered you. Like ganging up on someone who has no bad intent for just being honest can get very bizarre, for everyone, not just for people who are autistic spectrum.

Our current society is trained to decide what really happened every day - look at all the articles published on every day events for people to take sides, depending on what THEY believe actually happened. That's what they want us to do and that's what we do with everything now, and that's what is being done to you. It's not right.

Yeah, I kind of think that one thing journalists might Somewhat agree with is that there was something better when Walter Cronkite presented things. Everyone gets stuck in this giant argument and is forced to take sides.

Like is it even possible to be a reporter without aligning oneself with the right or left these days?

During my divorce travails, l had a Los Angeles gay male attorney which didn't work out. But he said the domestic abuse with gay couples was way worse then it was with straight couples. Which really surprised me.

Did you ever get a chance to confront this couple and tell them it was very wrong to assault you? Since getting counseling hasn't paid off because nobody takes you seriously. It sounds like a date rape. I came through that at a very early age. It seems that everyone has judged you instead of treating you as someone who needs to process this trauma. It really doesn't matter what the sexual orientation was, more importantly - you were assaulted when you were incapacitated and that is traumatic. The problem about rape is that when victims tell their story, they are raped emotionally a second time because nobody believes it happened. I confronted someone in my lifetime with what he did, and he point blank told me - it was a lie.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom