• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Holiday wish comes true: Thousands of Christmas cards sent to boy with autism

Butterfly88

Jello Queen
V.I.P Member
Holiday wish comes true: Thousands of Christmas cards sent to boy with autism

by Gabe Cohen, KOMO

Thursday, December 28th 2017

VIEW PHOTO GALLERY
5 photos

DES MOINES, Wash. -- Apollo Williams and his mother Barbara Miller call the mess piled up in their living room a “Christmas miracle.”

KOMO News introduced you to Apollo earlier this month. The 11-year-old has autism, and his mother told us he has trouble making friends. Only one kid came to Apollo’s birthday party this year. So with Christmas approaching she asked anyone willing to send a Christmas card to her son, to show him he has friends.

Santa delivered.

Since our story aired, cards have been flooding in and piling up, carrying messages of love and support for Apollo.

Thousands of cards have arrived from all over the world – across Asia and Europe all the way to Canada. They received a sheriff’s badge from Missouri and a giant bear from students in Texas.

“I’m probably going to be in the Guinness book of world records,” Apollo exclaimed looking at the pile. “Look how many cards I have!”

“That made me feel so good as a parent,” Miller said. “That people still have a good heart. That people are still willing to do something as simple as write a card to make sure somebody has a holiday experience that they never have.”

It’s a lesson Miller found buried in her new living room mess. That the best gifts don’t just come from Santa; they’re delivered from the heart.

“He definitely has a lot of people thinking about him,” Miller said. “And he knows he’s not alone.”

Source: Holiday wish comes true: Thousands of Christmas cards sent to boy with autism

---
Such a nice story!

New Threads

Top Bottom