• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Holiday fails

Pats

V.I.P Member
I know you all have a funny story from past holidays. Let's share them

This is the first Thanksgiving I've had with all my kids in years, so it's an exciting day for me. My daughter in law was down here telling me how she was so proud of herself for being up at 6, preparing the turkey, stuffing it, spreading butter and seasonings over it and under the skin, then putting it in the oven. 1 1/2 hours later she went back in to baste it, to realize that the oven was not on.
We laughed, then she asked if I had put the ham in yet. I'm proudly saying, yes - apparently doing better than she is this morning. She looked over and asked if I was using the crock pot. I said yes, then jumped up as I remembered I had not plugged it in.
We're off to a great start today. lol

Went to a relative's for Thanksgiving once years ago. The turkey looked perfectly cooked as it was placed on the table, she had stuffed it with potatoes, as it was carved a river of liquid potato oozed slowly out onto the surrounding dishes, tablecloth, decorations. It was as if the turkey had vomited. No one could eat it after that.

Last edited:
Went to a relative's for Thanksgiving once years ago. The turkey looked perfectly cooked as it was placed on the table, she had stuffed it with potatoes, as it was carved a river of liquid potato oozed slowly out onto the surrounding dishes, tablecloth, decorations. It was as if the turkey had vomited. No one could eat it after that.

That is hilarious, l need permission to use it for comedy purposes. l am laughing so hard.

At least Pats and her daughter in law get along great and were able to laugh about it. My mom would have had a conumption fit and decide it was further proof that l was a idiot.

That reminds of not realizing my poor turkey pal came with turkey parts inside their cavity and l put everything in the oven. Now l just eat those vegetarian *meat* shaped into a mock turkey.

Last edited:
I remember one year for Christmas dinner my mom wanted star shaped appetizers. She had a star shaped cookie cutter for the ingredients. Cutting a star out of white bread and pâté wasn’t an issue, but cutting a star out of iceberg lettuce is a challenge. She had a meltdown when my sister and I only produced sad looking pieces of lettuce.

And then there was the night where I was asked to make cocktails to serve before the Christmas dinner, but I made them a bit too strong and my grandma (a tiny woman not used to alcohol) fell off her chair before the main course was even served.

And there was the night where my mom made a beautiful cheese soufflé and my sister haphazardly plunged a knife into it before serving, so the whole thing deflated before it made it to the dinner table and my mom was on the verge of tears.

A couple of days ago I took out my official licensed 50th anniversary Charlie Brown Christmas tree. The warranty on it must have just run out, because it fell apart in my hands.

I killed it. Ugh, everything I touch gets ruined.:(

And then today I accidentally smashed the red glass ball that came with the Charlie Brown tree, which I was going to hang on my regular Christmas tree. Someone up there does not like me.

I never heard of stuffing turkey with potatoes before. Are they cut up pieces of potato or mashed potatoes? I really don't like mashed potatoes.

77407424_10216281970670397_6860316111888449536_o.jpg

top left to right - grandson, grandson, daughter in law, son, grandson, son in law, son in law, daughter
middle - daughter, granddaughter, me
bottom left to right - grandson, granddaughter, grandson, grandson, Milkbud, granddaughter, granddaughter, son

When l was tween, l convinced my brother that l should peek into the neatly wrapped gifts with my name. Of course my brother instanly busted me and l forever live in the hall of shame. lol But this story should never go any further then these forum walls, you all must sign disclaimers after reading that. lol

New Threads

Top Bottom