• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hola

upload_2017-6-19_15-32-43.png

Hola, buenas, ¿como está usted?
I've been trying to learn more spanish. I used to work in a restaurant where everyone spoke Spanish so I know a few things, but I think you maybe said "how are...you?" If so, then I'm doing bueno;) gracias.

I've been trying to learn more spanish. I used to work in a restaurant where everyone spoke Spanish so I know a few things, but I think you maybe said "how are...you?" If so, then I'm doing bueno;) gracias.
I've been living in Mexico for over a year now and am still nowhere proficient! Si, you are correct. Como está usted is the formal way to ask how are you, used for people you have just met (como estás is for close friends or family). In Mexico and Costa Rica "buenas" is often used in short for good afternoon or good evening. Welcome!

I'm just a one language guy from western Canada, all we speak here in English... Welcome!

I thought all you guys spoke was hockey. Just kidding.

My wife is from Canada and had to teach me some things.

Canadian English though has subtle differences than American English. Grey, versus gray, 're' versus 'er' suffixes for similar words, and 'our' versus 'or' suffixes at the ends of words, too. eh versus ok, are differences, between Canada and the US.

Plus in Canada they use metric measurement, and for the US, non-metric. And you guys in Canada write dates out of order. Those last two things confuse me the most. And on a tangent, we in US do not drink milk out of a bag.

But, at least you have a prime minister or president. We do not.

New Threads

Top Bottom