• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hmmmm. Ending Autism?

OkRad

μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος οὐλομένην
V.I.P Member
What do you guys think of this?? I know a lot here do not think it should be stopped. This pediatricians says he can stop it with certain vaccine schedules........I am very mixed on this.........I am not an anti vaccine at all, but I don't get understand this...........

6. Dr. Paul Thomas Interview, How to End the Autism Epidemic

How to end the autism epidemic, go back to the 1970's and stop diagnosing virtually everyone who is on the higher functioning end of the spectrum. I'm joking of course, but it still has a serious point as in my opinion the increase in autism isn't close to what statistics often show, it's just that higher functioning types of autism are now much better understood and are much more often diagnosed.

I've also discussed this on various other threads, but in summary higher functioning autism is not a disease and we therefore shouldn't be looking to prevent or cure it, help to better control or handle any unwanted traits is however fine. Many inventors and scientific pioneers were autistic and humanity wouldn't be where we are today without people on the autistic spectrum. I am also very sceptical that autism can be stopped with vaccines schedules and I am a person who doesn't trust vaccines anyway, E.g. I am entitled to the flu vaccine, but refuse it every year against medical advise.

Missing the flu vaccine is a good choice, unless you are in such poor health that you would actually die if you caught the flu. Most of us are not in that situation. I met a guy several years ago who had a bad reaction to the flu vaccine. He had some form of partial paralysis from the jab. He had mostly recovered when I met him, but he still had areas of his body with no sensation, as I remember. I doubt that the people who administer the flu vaccines adequately warn patients about such possibilities when they are urging them to get vaccinated. Such a reaction is rare, but still a possibility.

New Threads

Top Bottom