• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi

raiimonarch10

Hi! I'm Randy and I'm 22. I a college student in the U.S., University of North Carolina at Wilmington. I just got officially and totally diagnosed with asperger's/high functioning autism 2 weeks ago, but I had been going through the process since I was 4. I was diagnosed with adhd at 7 and really started looking at an aspergers diagnosis since I started college. I guess being in the college environment made the social issues stand out a lot more. I major in anthropology, and minor in asian studies, one of my major interests. I saw the youtube videos a few weeks ago, and saw this forum, thought I'd try it out. Hope to hear about other peoples experiences with aspergers or life in general.

Welcome to the forum, Randy! That's an awful long time to have been going through the diagnostic process, you must be relieved to have it 'sorted' to some extent. How far through college are you?

I'm relived for sure. It took a long time to find a place that would help me for free, that a year to find. Then once I found it, it took a long time to get an appointment, it being free and all. I look forward to getting in the support group, and at least have the option of counseling. Really I've had to take care of things on my own. I'm a senior in college, I hope to graduate in winter 2010, with a B.A. in anthropology.

Sweet, glad to hear things are on the up for you man!

I guess the system has its advantages in the UK - the majority of our healthcare is free.

Yeah, that sounds like a nice situation. It really varies here in the US, I had free insurance through the state, NC, till i was 18, but its different everywhere. The place I found deals just with autism and is done by one of the major universities in the state, but not mine.

New Threads

Top Bottom