• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi

Sammie

Hi I'm Sam and I'm 24 , I'm an undiagnosed Aspie probably with Dyspraxia to boot, I discovered my Aspergers when I was 18, oddly when I was at college studying to become a Nursery Nurse and helping young children with special needs XD.
I'm now at Uni studying animation, I don't actively seek a diagnosis, I went undetected all through school, though oddly my school teacher aunt once told my mom I was 'too clumsy to be normal.' I'm chronically wary of the lack of understanding for how Asperger's appears in females, and my favourite hobby is trying to help Aspies who havent yet discovered there aspies, as I believe the most important thing is realising why we feel so different :).

My brother also has aspergers/dyspraxia, he is undiagnosed but not for lack of trying, he receives extra help at School and has come on leaps and bounds, my mum and step-dad also have traits we're like the house of Autism and theres rarely a dull moment, well until one of us talks on and on about our favourite subjects ;) lol

Hi I'm Sam and I'm 24 , I'm an undiagnosed Aspie probably with Dyspraxia to boot, I discovered my Aspergers when I was 18, oddly when I was at college studying to become a Nursery Nurse and helping young children with special needs XD.
I'm now at Uni studying animation, I don't actively seek a diagnosis, I went undetected all through school, though oddly my school teacher aunt once told my mom I was 'too clumsy to be normal.' I'm chronically wary of the lack of understanding for how Asperger's appears in females, and my favourite hobby is trying to help Aspies who havent yet discovered there aspies, as I believe the most important thing is realising why we feel so different :).

My brother also has aspergers/dyspraxia, he is undiagnosed but not for lack of trying, he receives extra help at School and has come on leaps and bounds, my mum and step-dad also have traits we're like the house of Autism and theres rarely a dull moment, well until one of us talks on and on about our favourite subjects ;) lol

Hiya Sam, welcome to the forum. In some ways I don't blame you for not seeking a diagnosis, it's really quite difficult, as I'm sure you know because of your brothers experience. My little brother has AS aswell and he gets all the extra help at school, we only recently got him diagnosed fully. His 'favourite subject' at the moment is quite dull, he talks on and on about Pitcher Plants. *yawn*!

Willow

Welcome to the forums sam! What kind of animation are you studying? It's one area i was vaguely interested in persuing when i was younger but never got around to. Your household sounds amusing!

~Chris

Thanks for the welcome :) my brother's most recent obsession is east european countries , I dunno if its slightly better or slightly worse than his last one that was Eurovision XD

I'm really lucky that at my uni I've studied really all types of animation, but I'm making my final film in drawn 2D , I love drawing everything to much sometimes. Animation is my passion, it was always what i wanted to do but I talked myself out of it lots before returning to college and uni to study it.

New Threads

Top Bottom